Installed OME Medium Duty Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my lift installed this weekend. I love the extra height and ride difference. However, it seems to have lifted the back 3" and the front 2". The springs were 851s and 860s. This was calculated from before and after measurements from the top of the tires to the flares, and from the ground to the bumpers. I don't like the look of this, I want it to sit more level. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't plan on changing the bumpers on this one, which is why I went with the medium duty lift.

I had a '93 that Christo lifted with the OME heavy duty lift, and it sat the same way. On that one I assumed it was because I had a bull bar on the front, and never got around to putting on a heavy duty rear bumper.

OME lifts are designed so that when you load the back up they will sit level. Switching the front to the OME heavy springs will make a 20mm height difference and should level it out. This is the setup I use. If you do not want to swap springs just install OME trim packers or a Mr. Gasket spacer.

www.man-a-fre.com has a 30mm trim packer that should level you right up, like mooker said, OME planned for trucks to have a constant load in the back of 'em. Swapping your front springs for 850 or 850Js is the other option, and might be the better option if you add a front bumper, but the choice is your's. Good Luck!

cruiseroutfit said:
850's would give you an additional 10mm of front lift, 850J would give you 50mm. More here:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_OME_coils.html

Look at my setup in my sig line. I still have rake with the J's cruiseroutfit mentions above, so I can see how you would for sure. I 'may' still pursue some Mr Gasket spacers up front. My stinkbug attitude isn't so pronounced that it is bothersome, but I'm curious to see my 80 with a level attitude. It probably doesn't help that I took out the jump seats ..

TY

You guys with level rigs - when you load the rear with gear, does the truck ride with the nose up?

Personally I hate having my rear sagging when laiden with gear so I don't mind a little rake when unloaded. I've got the same setup as you and the rake is pretty slight but to each his own I guess

Last edited:
I'm about to put a bumper on the the front and have the medium 2" on all four corners with Mr. Gasket on front. I want it to sit more level, so can you put J's up front with 2" medium in the rear? what issues does this cause?
I was definitely going to get the 2" heavy springs, but that will probably bring me back to pre-bumper stance right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom