Installed ome 2.5" lift, but having a driver side lean.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed the old man emu lift but have a serious lean to drives side.

I followed slee's directions first with "B" springs on PS, and had .75 " lower on DS, then called ARB and they said that was wrong. So I put the "A" spring's on the DS. I still have a.75" lean to DS.

Anyone have this same problem?

Did you notice if the A or B springs were taller?
If so, did you notice if the taller springs went on the DS or PS?

In my experience, the taller springs need to be on the USDS.

Did you notice if the A or B springs were taller?
If so, did you notice if the taller springs went on the DS or PS?

In my experience, the taller springs need to be on the USDS.
Just took off the rears again. The B spring is about .5" taller.

I put it on the drivers side. Now I got about a half inch lower ds with a full tank of gas, I'm happy with that....

After some time the springs will settle, and you may have more lean than you like, try the OME trim packers in 5 and 10 millimeter sizes. Like $12 pair to level side to side or some stink bug correction. I currently have 10 mill in front drivers only.

I used trim packers in my lift,10mm on front and back passenger side and still have a bit of lean. I'm hoping that when I go to a 37 gallon long range tank it will level out!

Just took off the rears again. The B spring is about .5" taller.

I put it on the drivers side. Now I got about a half inch lower ds with a full tank of gas, I'm happy with that....

The taller spring goes on the passenger in the rear IIRC. I think when you offset the naturally lower DS front with taller spring it pushes down the opposite rear. At least the rears are easier than the front...

I called ARB in Washington 2 x and they could not give me any answers as to which springs go on which side, except to buy their spacers for another $50.00.

I’m returning these springs and going with Icon.

I called ARB in Washington 2 x and they could not give me any answers as to which springs go on which side, except to buy their spacers for another $50.00.

I’m returning these springs and going with Icon.

Excellent idea!

Slee rear coils for comparison. These are mediums that came with the Slee DIY 4" kit.

I am running dobinson variable rate in rear and OME heavies in front. Truck leveled out after about 2 months. Ride is great. My Dobs were clearly marked PS and DS and OME just A and B. You might do best just swapping the rear again (to get longer on PS), then adding airbags down the road. Air bags are a must have IMO, fine tune and bolster any load. Make sure to read through the definitive suspension thread thoroughly.

You are going to have to pay to ship them back too. I had to fork over 90 bucks to ship my Dobinson fronts back (not heavy duty enough for 3FE) and then pay shipping again to get new ones.

spr.jpeg

crzr.jpg

I am running dobinson variable rate in rear and OME heavies in front. Truck leveled out after about 2 months. Ride is great. My Dobs were clearly marked PS and DS and OME just A and B. You might do best just swapping the rear again (to get longer on PS), then adding airbags down the road. Air bags are a must have IMO, fine tune and bolster any load. Make sure to read through the definitive suspension thread thoroughly.

You are going to have to pay to ship them back too. I had to fork over 90 bucks to ship my Dobinson fronts back (not heavy duty enough for 3FE) and then pay shipping again to get new ones.

View attachment 2002715
View attachment 2002734
Summit Racing does not charge for return shipping...

View attachment 2002715
View attachment 2002734
Which airbag did you use? Who sells them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom