Installed oil pressure gage (pic) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, from the day I brought home my 1991 FJ80, the oil sender has been messed up. The electrical connectors were missing, once I figured out how it was supposed to be wired, I did get a slight deflection on the installed meter, but I just wanted a mechanical gage, so I really knew where oil pressure was.

During a thread search I saw a picture where someone had installed a few meters/gages on the console around the transmission shifter. It seemed perfect.

So I picked up a cheap gage, install kit and the BSPT to NPT adapter for around $20 total. I removed the OEM sender and just threaded the adapter in, then ran the tubing through a rubber grommet on the transmission hump just forward of the console.

Here is a pic of the finished install, pretty simple and easy. I didn't wire the backlight for the gage yet, I'll do that next week when I tear the dash apart to install a new radio unit.

Rich,

Both your meter and lights look great!

Center console looks pretty shiny too! ;)

Mot

topend yobbo said:
Aussie spot lights

Is that what you guys call them down there? LOL

I love them. I live out in the boonies and they are great for looking for critters in the road on my way home from work at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom