Installation Guide for ARB Headlight Harness and Hella H1/H4s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This will honestly change your life lol. Just know that if you're keeping the factory style sealed beams, you'll have to re-orient the plugs for both of your low-beams. I posted about it earlier in here.

you also have to re-orient if you go with h4/h1 halogen housings. I’d recommend at least swapping the high/low beam for halogen. I used hellas.

Aside from the OP, anyone else mount one of these harnesses in a 62? If so, did you locate it in a different area of the engine bay from the OP
Also mounted them in my 62 in the same spot. Excess wire was run into the fender.

Right now I have them mounted the same way but up next to the battery. Brainstorming a better solution but it’s low on the priority list.

Right now I have them mounted the same way but up next to the battery. Brainstorming a better solution but it’s low on the priority list.
We 4-eye guys have an extra set of wires, so an already tough task of making it look super clean, is now more difficult.

I am throwing in the Hella housing until I can get around to upgrading the harness to do the complete upgrade. For those that have not done the harness do you use the short adapter that comes with the Hella's? I read that it was plug and play but not sure if that means with the short adapter. All the instructions say is that it adjusts for poling from the sealed to the H4 - what does that mean? thanks!

This is the rear cover for my H1 housings.

51B11537-6C1E-44D0-BDD5-A3A34923BF77.jpeg
892316EE-F47F-4661-AACF-9731B58A1B31.jpeg
66765651-C85A-49A4-A2DE-A6344C2307A6.jpeg

It is a different configuration than the one on Hella H1 housings sold 6 years ago as shown here:

I know how to attach the inner leads to the bulb and housing/ground, but my question for Mud:

What type of adapter(s) or connector(s) do I need to connect the rear of my housing (pictured above) with the upgraded ARB/IPF harness?

Appreciate any specific suggestions.

This is the rear cover for my H1 housings.

View attachment 2848943View attachment 2848942View attachment 2848944

It is a different configuration than the one on Hella H1 housings sold 6 years ago as shown here:

I know how to attach the inner leads to the bulb and housing/ground, but my question for Mud:

What type of adapter(s) or connector(s) do I need to connect the rear of my housing (pictured above) with the upgraded ARB/IPF harness?

Appreciate any specific suggestions.
Bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom