Installation -clutch pressure plate to flywheel. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK what the hell is going on? I have 7 of the bolts loosely threaded but the 8th holes wont line up so I cant get the last screw in. :doh: What could be going on here? Thanks guys.

IIRC, there are only six bolts that retain the pressure plate to the flywheel...

I see that you say they are "loosely threaded ", but if any of them are tight at all, it can cause things to bind and not line up properly...do you have the alignment tool in the clutch disc, and into the pilot bearing? Could the clutch disc be out of place?

Good luck!

-Steve

Try doing it with no dowel pins in the flywheel! When I took mine apart it didn't have any. Mine only had six bolts too, the other holes in the pressure plate are for the dowel pins.

Thanks for the replies guys. So I must have 5 loosely threaded and the sixth wont align . I do have the alignment tool in there and everything seems aligned properly. Maybe I should just drop the whole thing again and see if I can figure anything else out.

You didn't mix up bolt holes with alignment holes?

I have no idea? I wasn't even aware of the alignment holes. :doh: Guess I better drop it huh? :confused:

No need to drop anything. Just rotate the pressure plate until you get the holes lined up. BTW, all 6 bolt holes are equally spaced, so if you get one threaded all the other ones will be aligned too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom