Install Replace Window Channels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hornd

SILVER Star
Threads
If you think your stuffing new window channels in from the top you've been fooled.
Remove the door panel and glass to do this job quickly and right.
  • Lower Window and Peel Door Runs Out. Pull up where they run down into door.
  • 3 Philips Screws (2 Under Armrest, 1 Under Handle) 1 Philips Screw in Door Opener Handle.
  • Pry Door Lock/Window Switch from the side closest to Door Hinge. Unhook connector.
  • Pry door all around on edge to pop clips loose.
  • Unhook bottom courtesy Light.
  • Lift Up to release inside door panel and set aside.
  • Using loose Razor Blade Cut Rubber Sealant on Plastic film so film comes loose.
  • Hook back up Window Switch and run Window up slightly from bottom till both 10MM bolts appear in opening door frame.
  • Remove bolts carefully to keep from dropping them in bottom of door. Then work window out carefully (Two Hands). Easiest if you remove runs when window was down 1st.
  • First side will take about 30 mins next side about 10.
**Take your time, interior parts are Rare & Expensive

I paid $60 each with free shipping for the Front Runs

Last edited:
Thanks for the post @Hornd got my window moulding and the outside belt moulding too. I did not want to take out the windows, but it really was simple. Ideally, this project is PERFECT for those that want to add sound deadening to the outward door skin. Makes it so quiet, also doing the window channels and outside belt moulding at the same time makes window removal easier. Gave me an opportunity to clean things up. This is also a good time to replace speakers since you have to take the panels off.
***** NOTE*** I am the original owner and today was the 1st time those items were replaced. FYI, old bad belt mouldings LEAK! Trying to dry out one panel. Has anyone ever replaced the panel and used the original as a template on masonite?

FWIW I did this project today and made one minor modification. I unbolted the window but left it in. This helped me keep the window channel aligned and snug as I fed it down. But with the window loose I was able to increase and decrease tension as necessary.

I did this without removing the window. I slid out the old runners and slid the new ones as far down as possible with the window all the way down. Now slide up the window 6 to 8 inches and pinch the window between the gasket and slide the window downward. The force of the motion will continue to move the channel downward. Repeat as necessary. Using soapy Water helps and it’s easier when it’s cold.

I used silicone spray to lube the channels and the metal parts they slid into. I had the door apart, but I didn't remove the window.

Also, you should remove the "bat wing" up there by the mirror on the front panels. If you don't, it will get all busted up like mine was when I got it.

Did this recently and agree with you , have to remove glass and door trim to do a good job of it, actually not that difficult once you do this.
Silicone spray is great for the channels just be very careful with the bottom most bits of the window frame that you have enough and there is no aluminium window channel that doesnt have new window rubber on it or the window can catch easily and get stuck like mine used to

do you guys have a part number for the door channels?

Removed mine without removing the window (pretty easy); cleaned them in the bath tub; lubed with Sil-Glyde and reinstalled.

Not as effective as new channels but better did have a marginal improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom