Install lx450 axle in hzj78, some problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi partners.
I am installing the lx450 shaft in the lc78 chassis. But the front side control bar has little problem. LC80 (805mm) and LC78 (860mm) rods are too short.
The actual measurement I need is approximately 930mm. Anyone know the length of the adjustable Panhard bar (max / min), not shown in the catalog.
Anyone know what else can i do

IMG_20200403_093032.jpg

Another problem is the bracket of the lower control arm. Measure between arm to arm are LC78 710mm and lx450 830mm. I think the LC80 lower arm bracket can work,
Sin título.jpg

Regards

as for your rear mounts, you are going to have to work hard to make a bracket. The LC80 frame bows in substantually, while the 70 is straight.

maybe look at making custom arms that bow outward?

as for your rear mounts, you are going to have to work hard to make a bracket. The LC80 frame bows in substantually, while the 70 is straight.

maybe look at making custom arms that bow outward?
That thinks I need to do...
Custom arm is out of my budget😖

a slee weld in kit should work, as you have to cut out about 3" typically, so this should give you the extra length you need, and keep the hump at the diff.

View attachment 2258796

If this is a 78 as in 78-series Troopy the SLEE weld in panhard will not work. The 78 has a 1/4” larger diameter Panhard bar vs an 80-series.

Cheers

panhard bar 80 vs 105 have same length?

As you've discovered, the LX450 frame is significantly wider than the 70 series. You might consider moving your axle's lower spring perch and control arm mounts inboard. Either that or you'll need to move your upper spring mount and frame-control arm mounts outboard. Obviously, the easiest would be to swap in the 70 series axle.

Last edited:
As you've discovered, the 80 series frame is significantly wider than the 70 series. You might consider moving your lower spring perch and control arm mounts inboard. Either that or you'll need to move your upper spring mount and frame-control arm mounts outboard. Obviously, the easiest would be to swap in the 70 series axle.
Yeah, but I try stay stock... It will be daily use...
Here in Panama it is not easy to find 79 axes or cheap

The LX450 axle is ~7 inches (18 cm) wider than the LC78 axle. The spring isn't sitting straight up and down.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 1.05.51 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom