Install leading arm/CC bushings - DONE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With body and rear axle bolts in, front was way off.
Took it out to check bushing locations, looked good. So, put front axle in first then tried to get to rear. Still off. P1010082.JPG
Managed to get the lug wrench in and strapped it rear pumper and racheted to torque the holes together. P1010084.JPG
BINGO!
P1010085.JPG

Bad News:
After I torqued everything down, went to turn it around so I could do the rear springs and shocks. To tired to bleed the brakes, so had to be cautios. THE DAD GUMMED THING CLICKED! Unless the wheels were straight, clicked worse then before. Must be the original birfield I kept in. Good gear teeth, bad balls?

Oh well, going to get rear done, brakes bled, and test drive.
P1010082.JPG
P1010084.JPG
P1010085.JPG

St. Louis born! Small breasted mother used to put a nipple on a cold Busch beer.
Thanks for the template! Worked Great!
P1010078.JPG

I'm worried! The old LC is cracklin' bad. Hope it's just in need of a new birfield, but I wonder if all the work I've done is going to be hard on the rest of the drivetrain (differentials, transmission, shafts, etc.). What do you think?
P1010078.JPG

You may stress the u-joints on your driveshafts, but if you feel them vibrating you can pull one and lock the CDL to see if you're gonna need a new shaft. If not, I think you are fine once you fix that clicking birf... lifting isn't going to be much harder on the trans or diffs...

Thanks Gator.

Summarizing a long story, my wife is soon to be pissed because of $. Up to about $1,500 now on a 15 year old rig with 210K (but good memories!). Will probably spend another $300 on birfield & flange. If drive shaft bad, I assume another $200. Up to $2,000 yikes!

Just want our "spare car" to get me back & forth from work a couple times a month to keep it good. And ready for remote fishing trips 10 times a year requiring 4-wheeling through some rough country (mainly mud, not alot of rock, occasional creek). Just don't want the old "you could of bought a newer one, in better condition for what you put into it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom