1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspired...

Discussion in 'TLCA- Discussion Forum' started by TRT2, Feb 25, 2004.

1. TRT2

TRT2

These discussion forums are sometimes funny...
    The recent disc. on POR made me pen this short story and I wanted to share...

His name was Ron and he drove a Cruiser. He’d been active in the sport for many years and while not a true wizard, he was more than adapt at the sport and offered lots to any group. He also frequented on-line forums where his alias was BiteMe and the stage of anonymity allowed him to be less than courteous.

His name was Glen and he drove a Cruiser. He’d been active in the sport for many years and while not a true wizard, he was more than adapt at the sport of brought lots to any group. He also frequented on-line forums where his alias was Usuck and the stage of anonymity allowed him to be less than courteous.

One Thursday afternoon while browsing their favorite on-line forum, both BiteMe and Usuck stumbled onto a thread about removing windshield screws from a cruisers. While the thread started out simple enough, someone noted that anyone driving a cruiser must have a screw loose… and how difficult could it be to remove. BiteMe replied they must drive a jeep and couldn’t understand. Usuck replied that BiteMe was a jerk and to lighten up. BiteMe replied that Usuck could take a flying leap and the two aliases entered into an electronic school yard fight of name calling and shoving.

Both Ron and Glen had had enough and turned off the PC to begin packing for their weekend trip four wheeling. It was going to be a new trail neither had run along with some folks they had never met. They loaded their cruisers and departed Friday AM.

At the trail head, everyone was anxious to begin after a brief round of introductions and airing down. On the trail, Glen snapped a rear pinion. The ultimate cruiser breakage second to only one. Ron had an extra 3rd and the two journeyman enthusiasts had the third member swapped in record time and were back on the trail together. Then Ron suffered the ultimate breakage by snapping his t-case in two. Fortunately, Glen had an extra case and the two men again completed an incredible trail repair in record time.

That evening around the campfire, sharing stories of awe and off road prowess displayed that day during the two serious trails repairs, Ron and Glen became good friends, drinking heavily and sharing stories well into the night.

On Sunday as the two men shook hands and acknowledged plans to wheel again together, they headed home in different directions.

Monday morning BiteMe and Usuck both logged on their favorite on-line forum and picked up the school yard fight where they had left off, calling each other ‘less than desirable names’ and threatening to pummel each other in a pugilistic display.

2. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    One reason I have my real name either on my message or in my profile.
    To quote the great Texas philosopher, Dr. Phil McGraw "Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing."
    Good story, wonder what brought this on .......hhhhmmmmmm :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Butch

3. Medusa

Medusa

Insightful and directly to an important point, Tony. Thank you.

4. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

I always try to hide ;)

5. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

My friend frequents the D90 list and has been quoted as saying, "I love the internet firums...I can be who ever I want..."

So true Tony!

6. dd113

dd113

I am with Butch on this. I have always put my name on my posts for all to see. I may not always be right but I never hide.

7. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Thanks for the enlightenment...I never had much to hide -- just didn't think to add my name to the sig line; it's there now. Then again, I'm typically not one to get into jousting matches on forums...got no time for that kinda bulls#!t.

8. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

An unfortunate choice of words by yrs. truely once led to a slight rift between myself and a number of fine gentlemen with whom I would gladly share a diff or a beer. Since then I have tried to make a point of post less and think more. Or, at least spend more time crafting my words.