inspecting and adjusting valve clearance 1991 lc80

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inspecting and adjusting valve clearance got some questions....

Does anyone have the proper clearances for a 1991 3fe powered land cruiser? Does the below look right?

Intake .20mm .008in
Exhaust .35mm .014in

I am not doing the job but am having one of my friends do it, who is a diesel mechanic for big rigs.

I just use a credit card as a feeler gauge.
VISA, Mastercard or Disovery? (We all know no one uses American Express for their 80)

3fe? Probably a quarter inch or so
Yes 3fe I don't have a clue with this stuff but my buddy does he just needs the adjustment info to get it done. I pulled the above info from a 3fe service manual but it says 88 on up I suppose their is no difference between the 60 series and the 80 regarding this.

Yes 3fe I don't have a clue with this stuff but my buddy does he just needs the adjustment info to get it done. I pulled the above info from a 3fe service manual but it says 88 on up I suppose their is no difference between the 60 series and the 80 regarding this.
I would google a little more but im sure those specs are fine. Do you have anything under the hood on a sticker?

I'll let the more experienced ones pipe in, but the 3fe crossed over from the 60 to the first 2yrs of the 80, so I would guess the same specs.

Dude just eyeball it.

You people.

:rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

Do it while the engine is running and your valves will be the quietest ever. Seriously. I can't remember the last time I adjusted a 3Fe or a 2F without the engine running. Now you can throw all the feeler gauges and credit cards away.

Do it while the engine is running and your valves will be the quietest ever. Seriously. I can't remember the last time I adjusted a 3Fe or a 2F without the engine running. Now you can throw all the feeler gauges and credit cards away.

Can't adjust valves with the 3FE running because intake hose, etc has to come off. Valves should be adjusted with engine hot. Run up to temp and strip it down to the valve train. Block will retain enough heat to set the valves. Specs in the first post look correct.

Can't adjust valves with the 3FE running because intake hose, etc has to come off. Valves should be adjusted with engine hot. Run up to temp and strip it down to the valve train. Block will retain enough heat to set the valves. Specs in the first post look correct.

You do have to reinstall the intake hose, plug the pcv valve hose and the other one that goes to the front of the valve cover.
Here's a link to the directions I've posted before: ADJUSTING MY VALVES and another see post #31 3FE valve adjustments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom