Inquiry What would you pay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I’d like to hear some opinions on what you would pay for this vehicle in today’s market, I honestly can’t get a feel for what a fair price is anymore.

96 Lexus LX450 115k 3x Locked, Biege, Small body damage front driver side, previous accident in 2002 (seller lied about that), clean interior, exterior isn’t bad paint is sun faded, also says no rust underneath but who’s knows.

$50 bucks.

Based on the overwhelming amount of information provided, here is an equally valid guesstimate: $60K

Feel better?

Straight up, I am being a d!(k, but to prove a point, ONLY YOU can provide the answer to your question.

Go read Slee’s FAQ on looking at 80’s, make a checklist and go crawl all over that rig. If it’s offered at a price You can live with knowing the amount of PM its going to require to get it where You want it in Your time line, buy it. If you think the seller is nuts and been drinking too much Bring-a-Trailer-cooler-aid, walk away.

Last edited:
Wide Range of prices see the BAT Auction chart here. Shows the crazy range of prices folks are willing to pay. I bought a 97 Land Cruiser in STX for 8,500 mid 2020 with some 330K miles, zero rust other than the roof rack bolts. a few oil weeps here and there. It is a project truck and a daily driver, so I know there is money to spend on this truck.
OTRAMM has some solid videos on pre purchase inspections as well.
Go look at the vehicle, and spend most of your time looking underneath with a flashlight - it is amazing how much the owner will talk when you are looking underneath and in the engine bay.

I know you have only posted 4 times @GeneralMilfs, but this is the tech section not a used car evaluation calculator section. Many Mud member ask the same “worth” questions and seek advice. How are we to know anyways? No photos or ways to evaluate it‘s worth. In the end it’s what you think it’s value is and how much time and $$$$ you want to invest. You could also take some time and review the 80‘s classified section for comparisons
You ask, “how much I would pay in todays market”? To be exact, nothing, because I only buy the Landcruiser badge!

devo

Last edited:
I wish we could just start a "what should I pay" and "what is my Cruiser worth" section. Ugh.

Original poster, without pictures, you're not getting any educated guesses.

Pics would help. Based on pure description, what would "I" pay; maybe $6k-$10K. But prices right now are stupid, so hard to say.

Drive it and get a compression test. Check for oil leaks etc. Take some pics and then I am sure we could advise?

Like what was mentioned above this is an impossible question to answer because everyone’s perspective is different on their 80’s. Here’s some pretty good market info

2ec.jpg

81c0d2b8bdacdea3b0d0667b3e599710.png

$35,000.00

I picked a bad time to stop being a smart @ss. You guys have this covered. Wonder if she will ever post again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom