Inquiry 96 LX450 good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If the mods could change this to question that'd be great

I've found a posting I'm interested in, I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the deal (I'll post it if I decide not to purchase)

96 LX450 Beige, 176k, clean title, no lockers for $8500
Exterior has badly sun damaged roof paint but no rust being a southern vehicle
Interior has perfect leather but carpet has some stains
Mechanically not sure but he says runs and drives with new plugs with wires, new starter and alternator. Not 100% sure what to check for other than for wetness

Not really looking for a show truck but a nice 95-97 LC that I can daily, off road and build up for years to come. The mileage kinda scares me I usually try to stick below 100k but LCs are going for a lot nowadays and the paint is going to be tough to address. Thanks

135543144_3775167489206682_7231106701587879394_o.jpg
135230672_3775167465873351_6123362468614430988_o.jpg
135018677_3775167802539984_8817411402971669192_o.jpg

Looks pretty nice. If you want one with less than 100K on the clock, be prepared for about 3-4X the asking price. Post some pictures of the engine if you want some more insight. The undercarriage looks good. With the market right now, I would say $8500 is reasonable.

In SoCal, I'd say that's below market, as long as there's no rust to speak of, and it shifts and drives okay, and you use one of the free test kits from an auto parts store to verify that the head gasket is not leaking. I realize anything can be fixed, but if it were me, I would not want to buy a truck at that price if the trans were slipping, it had a rod knock, or the HG was on the way out. Absent any of those issues, I'd buy it at that price, and it would sell same day in my neck of the woods.

Def buy it, thats clean with no rust and low miles for the year

Is this the one in Richardson TX?

I think it's a pretty fair price.

Buy it.

You are going to be hard pressed to find a like or better one for this price. No rust. The mileage is actually low for a 96 and shouldn't be much of an issue. I would give it very strong consideration as it will sell pretty quick. IMO! Clean it up, paint and fix the minor issues and should resale very easy.

Land cruiser with 176K = domestic vehicle with 76K

Buy it now before someone else does! Hard enough to find a clean/reasonable Cruiser in this market.

Hmm carpet stains, all those miles, paint... run run fast..... Where is it again? I can run interference so it doesn't catch you!

Just saw this thread. I bought that lx450 earlier this week. I’m excited to get going on it. Your description is pretty accurate, it runs and drives but needs some maintenance. The seller didn’t bother to tell me it’s got a hard start, probably disable link. I’ll figure it out.

Just saw this thread. I bought that lx450 earlier this week. I’m excited to get going on it. Your description is pretty accurate, it runs and drives but needs some maintenance. The seller didn’t bother to tell me it’s got a hard start, probably disable link. I’ll figure it out.
congrats, keep us posted, looks like u got a good one with fair pricing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom