Input shaft H42 10-corse to H55 21-fine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will put a Ranger torque splitter in my BJ40... My B engine don't turn my 33'' tire enough and always have my high EGT at 60m/h. So I change my engine in the same time to a 6.2 379CI GM diesel engine. I have two of those engine for 200$ and share the same bolt pattern then a 350 if I'm not happy with the 6.2GM Diesel.

I have a 78 H42 Coarse spline transmission out of an FJ40 and two 5 speed transmission out of a BJXX 1983-86 approximatly.

The question is... Witch year input shaft should I buy to put one of my 5 speed Transmission ? I really love those and with the torque splitter that will keep my engine at 1600-1800rpm at 60m/h.

If I don't fine any input I always have a H42 to put on.

If you have some Idea it's will be appréciate !

I will put a Ranger torque splitter in my BJ40... My B engine don't turn my 33'' tire enough and always have my high EGT at 60m/h. So I change my engine in the same time to a 6.2 379CI GM diesel engine. I have two of those engine for 200$ and share the same bolt pattern then a 350 if I'm not happy with the 6.2GM Diesel.

I have a 78 H42 Coarse spline transmission out of an FJ40 and two 5 speed transmission out of a BJXX 1983-86 approximatly.

The question is... Witch year input shaft should I buy to put one of my 5 speed Transmission ? I really love those and with the torque splitter that will keep my engine at 1600-1800rpm at 60m/h.

If I don't fine any input I always have a H42 to put on.

If you have some Idea it's will be appréciate !

You'll need an input shaft from an H55f that came behind a 2H diesel of 2F gasser, The H42 shaft will not work in the H55f.

There no way to send it to a machine shop ? cut 1 1/2'', add some metal and put it on the milling to do some new spline ? I know it's forged steel but I already do that with an other car.. but not with a powerplant twice bigger then the B engine.

What do you think ?

There no way to send it to a machine shop ? cut 1 1/2'', add some metal and put it on the milling to do some new spline ? I know it's forged steel but I already do that with an other car.. but not with a powerplant twice bigger then the B engine.

What do you think ?

No. The tooth count of the gear that the input shaft is connected to is different. It won't mesh. You'll have to source the input shaft.

You'll need an input shaft from an H55f that came behind a 2H diesel of 2F gasser, The H42 shaft will not work in the H55f.

Hey, I have an H55F that came out of a 2H diesel and need the shaft to mate it to a 3B, let me know if you are interested. :)

Hey, I have an H55F that came out of a 2H diesel and need the shaft to mate it to a 3B, let me know if you are interested. :)

I send you a PM, if you need some part for a swap, tell it to me, maybe I have some lying outside (3B Bellhousing etc..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom