Inoperable fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody know of a reason that I shouldn’t take out this old, inoperable aftermarket fuel pump? It is still in line. I replaced my leaking mechanical pump recently, so it is working fine now. This redundant one doesn’t even have a live wire to it. For informational purposes, I do have a Holley 350 carb that is running well (though I’ve got a stock aisin I’ll be getting rebuilt in the future).

7BA79149-41CD-46C6-8678-3264941AEBC0.jpeg

An old NAPA pump. I’ll test and keep it for a rainy day. Thanks for the quick feedback!

8128C2F4-1F6A-444B-A6FD-0A0A0524C408.jpeg

I keep one of those around to drain fuel from whatever that may be old.

If the mechanical works, no immediate need for the electric pump.

Well, after I took it off the soft fuel line from the tank to the hard line on the frame continues to leak, regardless of the clamp type. Likely gonna have to replace that soft line portion. Am I going to have to drain the tank to replace it?

For the time being you might be able to cut the line back then reclamp it on … you have a lot of extra line … the end may have a slight crack

But… it would be temporary as the line is dried out and will most likely split elsewhere … but… could be a year from now … or longer

For the time being you might be able to cut the line back then reclamp it on … you have a lot of extra line … the end may have a slight crack

But… it would be temporary as the line is dried out and will most likely split elsewhere … but… could be a year from now … or longer
Yes, already did that twice and now out of slack. Line seems to be toast.

Anybody know of a reason that he should leave this old, inoperable aftermarket fuel pump in place ?

pump spacer  - Copy resize .png

Well, after I took it off the soft fuel line from the tank to the hard line on the frame continues to leak, regardless of the clamp type. Likely gonna have to replace that soft line portion. Am I going to have to drain the tank to replace it?
Well, the tide didn’t roll tonight but the fuel line was an easy fix. Tank just needed to drain a bit out of the hose, then replaced it, truck cranked w/ no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom