Inner Oil Seal Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC_Hamma

The Anti-Leafer
Threads
Both my inner oil seals have become dislodged & therefore the diff fluid dissolved all the grease in my birfs :( I thought about somehow adding a large washer (pictured) to retain the oil seals. Do you think I should drill & tap the housing & use countersunk screws to retain the washer? Could the birf rub against the washer even when I'm using a screw to hold out the birf at the drive flange? I'm running the Long 30's with his supplied oil seals. Thanks!
DSC00500.JPG

Both my inner oil seals have become dislodged & therefore the diff fluid dissolved all the grease in my birfs...

Why is this happening Chuck?

What is going on in the axle housing, causing the seal to be popped out of the seat?

I'm running the Long 30's with his supplied oil seals.

What seals are these?

I have installed a few of these 30 spline Long set-ups, and have not seen any special seals with them....

Maybe the shafts aren't centered in the housing via shims on the knuckles? :confused: That's all I can think of... No, I don't have the tool to center it up, I just guessed at the shims thinkin it can't be *that far off. The seals are the one's Bobby supplies with his Supersets.

What seals are these?

I have installed a few of these 30 spline Long set-ups, and have not seen any special seals with them....

Marlin's Heavy duty inner axle oil seals:
DSCN5980 (Small).JPG

Thanks David, but I am aware of Marlin’s new inner axle seal, and have 16 here on hand.

I was referring to the seals that Chuck was talking about that apparently come with the 30 spline Longfields now.....

:beer:

i c !

:beer:

The longs are machined before they are heat treated to save wear on the machines. When they are heat treated it can introduce a little bit of run out (measured as much as .026" in one case). Marlin says his new seals hold up to it. Having inspected a pair and examined them next to a set of stockers I believe him. I think they are worth the money. Especially considering the time and money he's got invested into bringing them to market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom