Ink Stain removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, anybody have a miracle cure for removing ink stains from the plastic/vinyl dash? I accidentally made a small mark with a permanent marker on my dash, and Ill be damned if it doesnt appear to be permament :doh: ! Ive tried Goof-Off, several leather and vinyl cleaners and it just seemed to smear it and dull it, now it just looks like a grease stain, but its one of those things thats going to drive me crazy. Any suggestions?

Kevin

did you try isopropyl alcohol?

I know brake cleaner takes it off some plastic boxes I use, without damage. Do NOT try this on a dash without a trial first someplace hidden and then at your own risk anyway.... :)

Tried the alcohol, didnt work. Ill try the hairspray and brake cleaner, Thanks!

Acetone will generally remove magic markers, but it might dissolve plastic, too. Again, test on an inconspicuous area.

I've used this product successfully on a leather couch. I was able to remove a 4 inch ink mark. It takes patience as the ink lifter works slowly. Afterward I used the leather conditioner from the same company to re-condition the leather where the ink stain was. The ink lifter leaves a dull area after use. I was very happy with the results. However I am not sure if it will work on a dash.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=LMIK08

I keep a jug of this at home & it works on almost anything, including permanent marker. The stuff is amazing & it's non-toxic & is safe to use on anything that's safe to wipe with water.

http://www.bluegoldcleaners.com/cleaner.htm

Last time I bought some it was $18 for a 1-gal jug and dilutes 1 part solution/8 parts water for general cleaning. For ink, I use it full strength with a damp washcloth. Their 1-800 should direct you to a local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom