Injectors and V-belt Questions BJ41 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

Recently removed my injectors to have tested from my 1981 BJ41. Noticed some white corrosion of some type on the injectors but most significantly on #3. Any idea what this is or what causes it?

Second question is around the v-belt. I purchased a new one part #99343-01195 which according to toyodiy is the right part number. I was surprised to see the belt had teeth whereas the belt that is currently on the motor does not and this seemed odd to me. Any ideas?

Thanks as always!!

I bet the old V belt was after market, OEM V belts come with teeth promote more traction on pulley. The white deposits on the injectors looks like oxidation and doesn't look like a serious issue to me.

V-belts do not actually ride in the bottom of the pulley grooves (if they do, the pulley is worn). They sit suspended in the "V" gripping the sides. The "toothed" V belts are just to promote flexibility. As mentioned, I believe the OEM ones are notched, however if its the right dimensions, teeth or not does not matter

I like the "teeth" on the OEM belt. In my opinion, that belt section (which is quite large) coupled with the pulley sizes (which are quite small) require a more flexible belt.

And I agree with the white deposits simply being "normally-found corrosion".

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom