Injector pump HJ45 H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will this pump work off my 1977 h engine work on the newer 1978 h engine? I've found out the pumps are different and needing some advice on what to do. If i run the 78 pump ill have to add wiring to the loom and source an edic motor and brackets etc. or can I swap over pumps to the older one which i have everything for ?
1977 pump
IMG_5804.JPG

1978 pump
IMG_5802.JPG

will this pump work off my 1977 h engine work on the newer 1978 h engine? I've found out the pumps are different and needing some advice on what to do. If i run the 78 pump ill have to add wiring to the loom and source an edic motor and brackets etc. or can I swap over pumps to the older one which i have everything for ?
1977 pump
View attachment 2613497
1978 pump
View attachment 2613496
looks like we have the same problem. what happened to your pump

you dont need to run a EDIC, from what I understand it only controls extra fuel when starting from cold , like minus 20c, and an electric shut down of the engine. so you dont need any electrics

Nothing happened to the pump, the engine was buggered cracked head and gudgeon pin had gouged the bore out on cylinder 3, I purchased a second hand 78 h engine to swap over and it turns out it isn’t as easy as straight swap due to the pumps are different.
I have a manual push pull knob and cable for the old set up. I could use that as the shut off ? Well that’s what I am thinking.

Nothing happened to the pump, the engine was buggered cracked head and gudgeon pin had gouged the bore out on cylinder 3, I purchased a second hand 78 h engine to swap over and it turns out it isn’t as easy as straight swap due to the pumps are different.
I have a manual push pull knob and cable for the old set up. I could use that as the shut off ? Well that’s what
that is what the Aussie lads do, you can swap over the pumps, the timing is the same. I you look at the pump shaft it has a line/mark on one spline, there is a corresponding line on the back of the timing gear, you can see when you remove the pump. You maybe need to clean the timing gear to find it, simply match them up and your done, You can fine tune by moving the pump a few degrees before tightening.
I opened both my pumps to check that no1 plunger was moving up when the timing marks were aligned.
hope this helps

I have a manual push pull knob and cable for the old set up. I could use that as the shut off ? Well that’s what I am

I may have the older style injector pump available which will be coming off my '75 which is in need of a cylinder head... of course it looks like it would have to be sent half way around the world to get to you! If anyone knows of where I can source a head for an H engine, I'm all ears. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom