Injector pump - 1hz turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SPM

Threads
Hey Guys,
i`ve upgrade my 80`s with a new 12mm injector pump with matching injector from ADS here in Australia. in the main time i`ve also done the valve clearance.
The pump is been fitted by me following the manual and is been timed at 1mm as suggested from ADS

After the first start the car doesn't have the same sound ad before, it fell like there is a little tick tick on low rev but sounds ok when i rev up

I attach here a video

Any suggestion is welcome

thanks

Was the pump built for a 1HZ or 1HD-T?
I guess for 1hz, i`ve called them and mentioned more than one that was for my 1hz
The add the boost compensator
What is the difference?

6008baab-6548-4a72-8fbe-730311931b7f.jpg

Infection timing is different due to indirect vs direct injection.
Also injection pressure is a LOT higher for the 1HD-T .
I think a 1hd-t pump would be popping injectors early in a 1hz, effectively advancing the timing

Thanks for your explanation.
I`ve timed 1mm, this is not the spec for 1hz that should be 1.03-1.09 mm, but i did because the guy that build the pump told me to time it at 1mm.
A bit complicated to get the 1mm exact, the TDC is not exactly aligned at the same spot every-time a very little offset on the dial can be a 0.01mm
This pump is a 12mm high flow with matching injector to suit my gturbo 25psi

I`ll try to re-check the timing and i`ll call ADS back to double check

Thanks for your explanation.
I`ve timed 1mm, this is not the spec for 1hz that should be 1.03-1.09 mm, but i did because the guy that build the pump told me to time it at 1mm.
A bit complicated to get the 1mm exact, the TDC is not exactly aligned at the same spot every-time a very little offset on the dial can be a 0.01mm
This pump is a 12mm high flow with matching injector to suit my gturbo 25psi

I`ll try to re-check the timing and i`ll call ADS back to double check

Sounds like you're on the right track. If they've matched the injectors to the pump, and given you timing specs, stick with that.

When you set the timing, always rotate the crank the same direction.
Have someone rotate the crank for you, and you watch the dial gauge. Easier to rotate it if you pull glow plugs or injectors out.
Double check you have the gauge zeroed correctly.
Then, 1mm should be the maximum the needle moves if you have it timed right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom