Injector pipe work around (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to head out of a road trip around 900km from home and 100k short of my destination I stopped and noticed I was pouring fuel from the engine, ended up breaking the No.1 injector pipe from it rubbing on the throttle cable. I’ve ordered one from Japan But it’s 2 weeks away at least, does anyone have any ideas on a work around that could get me the final 100km? It’s a 3B with the rotary injection pump and everyone I’ve talked to only has inline pipes, how hard is it to fab new lines with machining experience and basic tools? (Lathe/mill)

Just need a flaring tool and the correct size line a bender would help to.
Might be able to sleeve the broken line to get yourself home.

A good fuel injection shop may be able to repair it.

Just need a flaring tool and the correct size line a bender would help to.
Might be able to sleeve the broken line to get yourself home.

The have olives on the ends.. not flares. I carry a spare set of lines for this reason on remote trips.

I'd be getting a tow truck at this point and looking around for a second hand one from somewhere.

Last edited:
Anyone who owns an old diesel should have a spare set and some tube spanners. Dont use normal open end spanners (box wrenches for you Americans)

See if you can find a straight joiner with olive compression fitting on both ends.
Cut the damaged line and put in a joiner as a band-aid.
You may find a hydraulic hose repair shop, or brake shop or AC shop/ refrigeration shop might get you out of trouble with some parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom