Injection nozzle: Gaskets really to be replaced? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I pulled my injection nozzles out of the head. According to the manual I should replace:

a) The U-shaped washer/gasket at the bottom which seats against the nozzle itself. I think it is made of copper or brass.
b) The flat aluminum washer/gasket with 2 tiny holes in connection with the nozzle leakage pipes.

Is it really necessary to replace these with new ones? Has anyone assembled the parts without replacing these and succesfully being able to run the engine?

Lucas

Hi,

I pulled my injection nozzles out of the head. According to the manual I should replace:

a) The U-shaped washer/gasket at the bottom which seats against the nozzle itself. I think it is made of copper or brass.
b) The flat aluminum washer/gasket with 2 tiny holes in connection with the nozzle leakage pipes.

Is it really necessary to replace these with new ones? Has anyone assembled the parts without replacing these and succesfully being able to run the engine?

Lucas

I've tried reusing them. The ones in the cylinder head that seal the injector nozzle are very important and definitely only one time use. When I reused them they leaked and filled the area around the nozzle with carbon. Eventually the injectors started not working right. Since then I've always replaced those particular washers.

All the other washers I've successfully re-used just fine.

From another thread he has an L series engine.
Thanks. I’m just about to pull my 12HT injectors but I can’t find any info. I’m surmising they are
similar to HD-T’s. Don’t quite understand how they turn out.

It says replace them. I would only reuse them if I had to. Air leaks are probably going to cause problems and you will have to change them any way.
Anthing to do with diesel fuel injection should be done right the first time.

Any have a link to a gasket kit for a 1HDT? I am tracking down a fuel leak I think is coming from an injector...thanks!

the injector seats are

11176-17020

the other seal is

96711-24019

Thanks much! I just actually paced an order with CruiserParts and he had (11176-17010) as the part number...Do you think these just updated or it will be the wrong seat...thank ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom