Info on shipping a 3B to Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have experience shipping an engine from BC to Texas, USA? Any recommendations on shipping companies? Does anyone know what the average dimensions and weight on a crated 3B w/ 5spd & transfer. Thanks for the help.

PM oldskoolcj, he shipped a 3B with tranny / tc, axles wiring harness from Montreal to Cali. I think the fact it was going to Cali was not trouble free. You first have to check if the receiver has a broker to act has a importer. PM also Sheldon (70sguy) i'm sure he also have experience

I shipped the same motor from BC to Alabama, let me pull my notes and I will post. I found an experienced cross boarder transporter by putting the shippment on uship.com. Only cost about $900 for a 2700 mile trip!!!

Ok, I listed the the weight and dimensions as: 7 ft long 3ft wide, 3ft tall. 1300 pounds. We used A&A Contract Customs Brokers (360) 332-7667 out of Washington. Cost was $132.09 for paperwork/customs/duty/ other gov fees. Contact at A&A is Autumn Fitzgerald. The shipper I used was a very unique lady named Jackie Dempere #206-433-8539. She found my listing on Uship and has great feedback on that site, (kinda like ebay rating). I listed the engine as "Idustrial", if you have a fax # PM it to me and I will fax you all of my completed paperwork to use as an example. We had NO problems in the process and I highly reccomend the above service providers.

chopped!

I delivered a 6cyl. diesel and tranny from NB to VT. I crossed the boarder myself and here's the deal:

1) I was turned back as the truck was whole on a trailer.

2) I returned and chopped the truck from the firewall and dumped it into my military trailer and went across as 'parts' and it was fine.

I hope this helps
Aaron

Depending on the boarder crossing used, any items brought back to states you have to show proof of ownership. Thats where the customs broker comes in very handy if you are not transporting the engine yourself. Good luck.

uship.com?

Yes indeed, great site, I have personally used it to move:
1500 pound safe
3B motor/trans/tcase combo
1960s model Scotty Camper
2 different 83 FJ60s
80 series motor
and about 20+ other assorted cars/trucks/suvs from all over the country.

Thanks for all the info. Your the second person to recommend uship. Looks like that is the way I'm going to go. Let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom