Info on Procar seat brackets for 70 to 73 40 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ksemerdjian

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm considering installing some Procar Pro-90 seats in my 71 40 series and I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the brackets. I've searched on mud and Google, I've even called Scat to see if they can take a picture but they don't have any in stock. So right now I have the split bench seat and the tool box under the drivers seat so I need to know if the tool box needs to be removed or do I keep it to mount the new seat? What about the passenger side, does the brackets that Procar offer make it to where I can mount a Tuffy console or do I need to fabricate something? If anyone has pictures of 70 to 73 Procar seats with the brackets I would really love to see them or if anyone has a recommendation on a better seat bracket option to mount the Procar seats with a Tuffy console please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I just tackled this project last week. The driver side is fairly straight forward and requires no alterations. However, I regretfully had to cut up my nice bench seat to make the passenger side frame. PM if you have any other questions or need more detailed photos.
C9366471-983C-45C2-BD25-62CFC35EA570.jpeg
99EFB4E0-B944-40C2-B575-94000D56187A.jpeg
BBFC7A6F-F843-4379-B353-5E16069BB37A.jpeg

I just tackled this project last week. The driver side is fairly straight forward and requires no alterations. However, I regretfully had to cut up my nice bench seat to make the passenger side frame. PM if you have any other questions or need more detailed photos.View attachment 2175458View attachment 2175461View attachment 2175463
Thank you Jordan. I actually was just reading your post about your seats. After seeing the brackets and what you went through to mount your seats I have decided to keep my bench seat until I have a roll cage built which will incorporate seat mounts.

@ksemerdjian are you thinking of getting ride of your bench seat. If so I would be interested. Thank you.

I did this project as well on my 73. I used CCOTs seat riser kit which was nice and the price mounts an seats. I had no issues with the installs but the ears they leave on the brackets for seat belts makes the space between the seats too small for a console. I can get you some pics tomorrow

@ksemerdjian are you thinking of getting ride of your bench seat. If so I would be interested. Thank you.
I've decided to hold on at this point only because I don't really care for the way the Procar brackets mount. I will be waiting until I get a cage built with some seat mounts incorporated in with the cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom