info on FJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I might be getting another Cruiser and would like any info you guys have on it.
I had a built bj60 ( something to compare to)

1988 toyota land cruiser FJ61 4X4 Right hand drive, registered in BC
it only has about 5000km on it since it went through federal and provincial inspections
270,000km, engine was rebuilt at 190K
Automatic transmission
altimeter, temperature instruments.
sunroof.

condition is fair ( not as clean as most RHD imports but clean)

Fuel milage?
How much is it worth?
Any common problems ... mainly electrical and with the auto tranny?
motor specs?

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/mannytheman/DSC_0319.jpg

It's a diesel, most likely a 12H-T and it's called an HJ61, not FJ61. We had a debate a while back and there is no such thing as an FJ61, but we're wierd:lol:. Have a pic of the engine bay?

For mileage you should get about 20 mpg from what I understand. Other, more knowledgeable people than myself will chime in with more info.

Oh yeah, buy it and welcome :flipoff2: - 'Mud salute

He says its gas...
I would be all over the dizzle

so more like 10mpg?

I don't know. I've never heard of a gasoline 61. It must have the same gearing as a FJ62, so if it really is gasoline powered I would expect it to get similar mileage.

Ask for a pic of the engine bay.

Probably a 3F rather than a 3FE. I think dieseler has one :hmm: *edit* I guess his is a JDM 62, but does have a 3F, not sure what difference there would be for a FJ 61.

Last edited:
It's a diesel, most likely a 12H-T and it's called an HJ61, not FJ61. We had a debate a while back and there is no such thing as an FJ61, but we're wierd:lol:. Have a pic of the engine bay?

For mileage you should get about 20 mpg from what I understand. Other, more knowledgeable people than myself will chime in with more info.

Oh yeah, buy it and welcome :flipoff2: - 'Mud salute
There is absotutely an FJ61.

in our part of the world (australia) we have no such beast as a fj 61, only hj 61 and yes factory turbo 12ht and the petrols were fj 60 (early) and fj 62 (late) and only hj60 regardless of year, no hj 62, but things could be different on your side of the pond

Mine is a Fj62 3F carbed.
The JDM market is weird I see lots of models that I thought did not exist.
It looks like it was either a HJ60 or 61 I am thinking someone pulled out the deisel engine and swapped in the gasser motor if in fact it does have a gas engine,I have seen some high roof gasers at auction over there but never looked at the details on them and dont remember the model description

thanks
Im just waiting on some engine pics... but it is gas for sure.
Any one know of a B.C shop that would do a swap to a B3t or some type of diesel.
Prob cost quite a bit but i have no desire to drive a petro-whore.
And no time to do it myself , I would take 6 weeks to do it ha ha.

Buy an HJ 61 right off the bat then :meh:

its is a fj61, i have seen a few on kijiji on the west coast. its got 3f with 5speed and all the options.

please get yourself a hj

found the ad, pretty cheap i say go for it really got nothing to lose if i had the scrilla right now i'd be all over it.

I havent seen one in the flesh, but the model code is definitely listed.
FJ61 EPC2.jpg

found the ad, pretty cheap i say go for it really got nothing to lose if i had the scrilla right now i'd be all over it.

where is the add?
I got it offered to me as a partial trade on my samurai.... so i dont even know what he is asking!

THanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom