Info for all 62 owners on Ironman Lift Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received a few pm’s about my purchase of the Ironman springs for my 62 and thought I’d start a thread for other 62 owners looking to do the same thing. Hopefully this helps sort out some of the confusion on these. I have a few pdf’s from Ironman that I can forward on as well.

What I know about the springs:

1. You have to buy the part kit off ebay ending in “b2”. They list it as the kit for 86-91 60’s PN (TOY006B2). I’m not sure of the difference between those for the earlier 81-85 springs so post up if you know.
2. These are the medium duty springs rated for accessories such as bullbars and rear tire carrier on the 60 series.
3. They are rated heavy enough to work on the 62 series. BUT the front springs are only heavy enough to support the additional weight of the 3fe/auto, so they will work great for anyone going for the “stockish” look.
4. The med duty springs may/will sag up front if you run the weight of a bulbar or winch plus the already heavy 3fe/auto.
5. In order to run the accessories we ideally should order the heavies (TOY006C2) up front and the mediums out back. But there isn’t an Ironman distributor in the US and even if there were they wouldn’t be $550.
6. From Ironman’s emails/Pdfs it looks like their heavies just have another leaf in the pack and 25mm more camber. They are also designed for the constant load weight of the diesel 6x series.
7. So that I can run the bulbar and winch, I will be experimenting with long add-a-leafs up front. They have a load rating of 2-300 lbs extra capacity so they should be only slightly overkill. (Bullbar + winch = 150-200lbs over stock???) MAF sells these new for $50/pair. You can easily find a used pair for half that. If these prove to suck I will try some softer custom leaves.
8. I am hoping the AAL’s help even out the ass end high profile of this lift once the rears settle.

If there is anything I missed feel free to pm me with questions. I’m not a spring expert by any means. I have no idea how the AAL will effect ride quality/performance of the springs, so experiment with this at your own risk. BUT for how cheap this is it seems worth the small “risk.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom