Info-buying An Fj40??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
photos.yahoo.com
Hey guys,

I already have a 62'. I met a guy that is selling his bone stock 1972 fj40. Haven't gone to look at it. The guy said he has put some good money into the brake system (still drum brakes i believe) and the only problem he claims with it is the motor needs some new bearrings, which bearrings I don't know. He also said there is minor rust on the rear gate and the roof could use some minor work as well. He stated he is wanting to get $3000-$3500 for the rig. If you have helpful thoughts and words of advice to a rookie in the area of the fj40 let me know. Thanks again.

Sebo4wd

Sebo is the truck local? If it is I would be more than happy to go and look at it with you.

bit to high on price for a 72'.unless its pretty nice which it is not.
bearings?? you got rod bearings,main bearings,and cam bearings.usually when someone says it needs bearings,you need a rebuild on the motor.i have personally taken a siezed 2f and put new rod and main bearings in it and it runs fine to this day.if he spun a bearing while driving hard its gonna need a rebuild,the cyl walls could be gashed,and the crank will also probably need turning.
1000 bucks would be what id offer,and i might not even go that high.

The price sound about right for this part of the country. Lots of 2F engines around here from guy swaping out for V8's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom