Infant car seat install ‘92 HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

My wife and I had a baby a month ago and we have yet to take him for a ride in the 80. Is a metal latch plate what I need to get in order to be able to install his car seat?

Sungrace Metal Lock(Silver, 2 Pack) https://a.co/d/5O2UAa6

I know protocol is to check the car seat manual and the truck manual, but my truck manual is in Japanese and I don’t see much about car seat install.

Thanks for the help!

Hey all,

My wife and I had a baby a month ago and we have yet to take him for a ride in the 80. Is a metal latch plate what I need to get in order to be able to install his car seat?

Sungrace Metal Lock(Silver, 2 Pack) https://a.co/d/5O2UAa6

I know protocol is to check the car seat manual and the truck manual, but my truck manual is in Japanese and I don’t see much about car seat install.

Thanks for the help!
Those metal clips are for the seatbelts and to hold the seatbelt together where it holds the seat down.

Local Fire Departments will assist in properly attaching cars seats in vehicles for free.

Make sure you put your weight into the car seat to shove it down into the seat to get it attached. I placed towels one rolled up and one flat underneath the carseat to protect the truck seat from the sharp edges and Kool-Aid.

These trucks are too old to have the third strap diagonal over the rear seat as a certified anchor point, however, you can attach to the tie-down lug on the floor of the cargo area.

Those metal clips are for the seatbelts and to hold the seatbelt together where it holds the seat down.

Local Fire Departments will assist in properly attaching cars seats in vehicles for free.

Make sure you put your weight into the car seat to shove it down into the seat to get it attached. I placed towels one rolled up and one flat underneath the carseat to protect the truck seat from the sharp edges and Kool-Aid.

These trucks are too old to have the third strap diagonal over the rear seat as a certified anchor point, however, you can attach to the tie-down lug on the floor of the cargo area.
I would suggest seeing if your local FD offers car seat inspections/ installation. In my neck of the woods there were chances to have folks inspect your car seat situation and offer suggestions.

But @BILT4ME has the right idea. I’m sure you’re doing your research, but 2nd row, middle seat, eliminate play. Obviously rear facing. You could absolutely make an anchor point in the cargo area, but nobody “official” will sign off on it as it’s not been tested by anybody.

At the end of the day your 80 is not a new car and so many less safety features. The good news is that your baby will grow up so freaking fast you will hardly remember when you were figuring out car seats. Which is both good news and sad news.

Congratulations!

Is a metal latch plate what I need to get in order to be able to install his car seat?
No. The metal latch is for front-facing only. Kids should be rear-facing until they’re 2 years old. Use the seat belt with a lock plate and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom