Infamous click-no-start issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The entire 1995 (USD model) FSM is in the Resources section; this will have the info you want. It might not have the starter your diesel has, but they're all functionally similar. AFAIK, no one has shared a complete 105 FSM, or 1HZ engine manual section, yet.

FWIW, the solenoid is contained in a cast aluminum tube; the components are stacked one on top of the other. You put it together the opposite way it came apart. It's obvious when you see it. The hard part is actually getting the thing apart. There are two very small JIS cross point screws holding the solenoid body to the starter body. The starter/solenoid cases are aluminum and the screws are steel; they weld themselves in and I have had to drillout every one I've removed. I replace them with socket head cap screws, which I can get a bigger hex wrench on, so I don't have that problem the next time (they don't last forever).
1685625454738.png

Attachments

• 1995, Engine, Starting, Starter(ST-3 to ST-11).pdf
    216.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Here are some photos from my last solenoid rebuild. The problem screws (out) and the replacement screws (installed) (highly recommended):

Replacement solenoid screws.jpg

The solenoid internals:

20220223_172919.jpg

20220223_172031.jpg

20220223_172054.jpg

Reactions: Lil
The rebuild kit will have the new solenoid and copper contacts, as well as some gaskets; you should be able to find the parts at an automotive electric motor shop. The Denso starter Toyota used is used in everything from cars and trucks to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. There is nothing special about any of the internal parts. No need to get them from Toyota.

You're on your own for the screws; they're M6x1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom