inexspensive lift questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been reading lifting posts and of course everyone recommends the full ome lift kit, however, I know that there is no way I can afford that kit. I do not plan on doing any off roading other than getting to a hunting spot from time to time, and I am just trying to get a little bit of that beefy look. What I have come up with for a reasonable lift at a decient price is to get the long maf add a leaf for front and rear, and to get hfs 2 1/2 shackles. Going by their est. lift on both products it seems that I may realalisticly may be able to get 2 1/2 to 3" lift with this setup. My question is, does this sound accurate as far as lift, and has anyone else done this will happy results? better ride with the add a leafs?

2 in shackles will roadwalk I would do addaleafs

The add a leafs will stiffen up the ride quite a bit, but they get better over time. I sort of have what you're talking about, only the shackles I got were from a mud member here (georg). You can find his shackles in the merchandise storefront section in the classifieds.

So far, so good.

I am in the same boat - I am looking at doing just enough to to give my 31.5" tires some breathing room. I wanted to do 1.5" extended shackles in the front and 2.5" in the rear. My leafs are in good shape and I have brand new shocks on there. What exactly does roadwalk mean? I am aware that if there is a gap between the shackles and the spring the axles will shift...is this the same thing?

If I am just adding shackles, do I need to do the add-a-leafs too? This truck is not subjected to rock crawling...just mild trails.

long AAL's will get you into 31's, do this first.

If you need moar, then get the ext. shackles.

I have both on mine and it's fine for now, just a stiff ride.

Search, there are 1,000 other threads just like this one.

Which George had the shackles? Couldn't find them in the vendor section. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom