indoor pool...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lately it has been raining by me, and for some reason, somehow, the rain has been getting inside my truck and gathering on the driver side floor, and thats the only place it is... truck is an 87 runner. any ideas from the great minds here?

Left my vents on fresh and switched to "on" and parked uphill with enough rain and debris caught up under the cowl I've had some come in by way of the air intake.

Close everything up and use the blow drier and baby powder method to find the source. Pull your wiper blades and cowl cover and clean up and inspect in there, I found 3 handfulls of pine needles, leaves and other junk like dirt, etc.

Last edited:
I've pulled it off a few times, but if it was from that, than how come its only pooling on the drivers floor, and only that spot? and baby powder is something I never would of thought of using... I'll try that once it's done raining, thanks for the help.

lately it has been raining by me, and for some reason, somehow, the rain has been getting inside my truck and gathering on the driver side floor, and thats the only place it is... truck is an 87 runner. any ideas from the great minds here?

Could also be your windshield gasket. check to see if it's shrunk down.
Mine did, and it lets water in only on the driver's side, pooling on the floor.

Heatercore, does it smell like coolant?

Also, I almost bought you these b/c we love ya man! Problem was trying to fit the last item in and actually rely on UPS to not lose or damage it. ;)
water-wings.jpg

mexican-sombrero.jpg

casey-carlson-bikini-04.jpg

thanks for the thought, but be nice for the bottom one, and its not the heater core, its a leak somewhere, but its windy and i cant do much of anything except drive around with a kiddy pool under my feet.

i ask about the top because mine leaked on the passenger side, but it would be on the rear and then move to the front as you drive, if you pick up the carpet there are rubber plugs, you can pull it out to drain the water till you find the leak.

and mine has not leaked in the back since i put on the soft-topper!

okay, tried the baby powder but was unsuccessful at finding the leak, so I removed the trim around the windshield and put some gasket repair stuff around the bottom corner and hoping the helps narrow it down.

Have an air compressor and blower nozzle around the garage would be my next suggestion. Hit the edges and have someone feel for the air leaks or powder the crap out of your dash and try it watching for where it moves off of.

Then the inside will be baby fresh too. :lol: A beer says it's either old door weatherstrip or dried out window caulk.

new update, baby powder and compressed air did not work, but now my truck smells nice, and I wound up just splashing water on the door around the seal, and it is a bad seal around the door. Thanks everyone, problem solved!!!

new update, baby powder and compressed air did not work, but now my truck smells nice, and I wound up just splashing water on the door around the seal, and it is a bad seal around the door. Thanks everyone, problem solved!!!

Good!
I'm glad you found your problem. FWIW door weatherstipping is so often overlooked, I'll bet 70% of our trucks are tired in that department.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom