SOLD Indianapolis 1989 Rock Crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 255, 76)
I have decided to sell my mini truck. I have owned it for almost a year. I had grand dreams of where I was going to go with this truck but the reality is I have few friends who are into the more extreme stuff and I already have so many vehicles including my built 80. Its to much clutter in my mind so I am letting it go. My son would like to have a vehicle you can take the doors and top off of. Its more important for me to do that than have this truck just sit in my shop rarely used.

A few comments about the truck that I want people to understand. It is incredibly road worthy for such a capable truck. Once the Swampers are warm and rolling at 45 or better it is not unenjoyable to drive. My plan was to drive this to California, do the Rubithon and come home. But I own a business and being able to be gone for two weeks is not in the cards for me these day (stupid middle age pipe dream). I have a built 80 that is my baby truck. I'm a single child household.

THIS IS NOT AN OVERLANDER TRUCK. Max speed is 55, the sweet spot is 50-55.

So here's a run down of the truck. I am not the builder and I am a novice fabricator so I don't have all the answers. All I have to share is that it's a tested, capable truck for either driving or trailering to the trail. Hell, its fun to go get ice cream in it!

I have paper work on some of the work that the new owner will get.

It is a classic Toyota crawler. I DON'T NEED THE MONEY!

-It has a newer 22RE in it. As far as I know (as well as the two previous PO's) it has 50k or so miles on it. It runs strong and solid and doesn't burn oil. I put a new starter on it shortly after my first trip in the truck as hammer smacking a starter is no way to get your vehicle started. I plan to do a full fluid change on it as long as its still in my shop. If it sells before the fluids will come with it.
-The body as rust on the rockers. I normally hate rust but with this truck you just don't care. It's not being driven in salt all the time so whatever.
-AC? No but it does have a vent on the driver door that keeps me decently comfortable while driving. It channels air to the family jewels and its all good. And the rear window slides.
-It has a Marlin Crawler ultimate crawler 23 spline doubler 4.7 in the rear. W56B transmission. This set up has been summed up perfectly by the PO, "It makes you look like you know what you are doing)".
-Front axle is high pinion with 5.29 gears, Detroit locker and Ultimate RCV shafts. I installed new front calipers this past winter. It's trussed.
-Rear axle is disc brake, 5.29 gears and newer Lockrite locker.
-These are auto lockers, they make odd sounds. Its normal. In fact this truck makes sounds a lot.
-Front shaft is made of square tube. No issues on the road as long as everything in the front is disengaged.
-Rear shaft is a Marlin. Nuff said.
-High Steer. A damn nice feature.
-Has a new Warn winch on it. Its never been used. It has cable on it. I don't think the truck can really get stuck so a winch isn't going to be used much.
-It has a new fuel pump installed in 2018.
-It has a new alternator and battery installed last winter.
-I have an axle rebuild kit, a spare oil filter or two AND an All Pro Tcase Brake which I have yet to install. It will come with the truck if if the NO wants it.
-I have a shifter seat and socket which I haven't installed yet.
-Tires are Super Swamper Bias 38.5" on unknown deadlock wheels. The deadlocks do leak air some. You have to check the tires every so often and make sure they are up to pressure on the road.
-Internal roll cage.
-Exterior bar work has been done right, has been tested and is connected to the frame. The truck is a dang tank.
-CB installed by me with fire stick antenna.
-37" spare tire (let the pressure down in the opposite to flat tire. I can't imagine a flat on these tires but I wanted a spare for a long trip.
-I installed new front turn signals so the truck is what I would call street legal (signals work, wipers work, seat belts work and brakes are solid).
-I have added a secondary fuse box and a volt guage inside with power ports to charge phones and etc.
-It has a bobbed bed.
-Buy a set of ear buds. It has gauges where the radio once was. Or if you're a thinking type of person it'll be perfect. Just the hum of Swampers and the windows down.

*****Let me very clear. This is more of a trail truck but if you're in your later 40's and you remember "the old days" you will love this truck as I do.

*** I would prefer the purchaser test drive this truck so they know what they are getting. If you buy this truck without seeing it or driving it first I will not be returning money because its not what you thought it would be. Again, its a trail oriented truck but will drive around town with no grief.

$9,000.00 OBO. I'm firm on this so don't waste either of our time by saying you ONLY have "X" amount of dollars.

PM me with questions after you have COMPLETELY read through the description and COMPLETLY review the pictures.

Last edited:
More pictures coming

56AB8527-D7FE-440B-8FC2-5A6772FBE82F.jpeg

B1A95D44-F94D-4D91-9E7B-6BCAC5C07FD2.jpeg

002DEAD3-5B34-4694-B403-0FA015F4BBA0.jpeg

0F5AEFAD-531C-4E08-9FC4-293B36AD2231.jpeg

F6ACD4E7-B884-4FA0-A8CC-D8AE274F2C5B.jpeg

9245727E-B151-4EFB-B8A8-FEDEB6C005FD.jpeg
D8B9BFA9-B9AF-4F8A-B5DB-00C023407609.jpeg
61E2D15D-0BBA-46C2-904A-CE29DFD12B98.jpeg
6D891518-931C-408D-9D4C-3D8AFE84B12D.jpeg
A576352E-4362-41AD-8770-5E8A5CC7638B.jpeg

DF09B65E-2E98-4A90-A481-CA3DE2324564.jpeg
3E73C50E-2868-4308-8CFF-901199FA0098.jpeg
28CFE9AC-CCDF-40E0-A8DF-6660D26C2236.jpeg
2A837760-79DD-4F3A-9B28-969D53319876.jpeg
492A58CF-DC90-4F4F-B14A-CEA7C49B0B33.jpeg

Sounds like some decent parts! It's lost it's clean cool old school Toyota value. It's a chopped up trail rig. So when you want to part it out just list your individual prices please and I might need a valve cover or something.

I’ll sell you the colostomy bag caddy I bolted I the bed.

Outside of the 4 pics in your last post, are those even current pictures? Or did you just re use the PO's pics?

Outside of the 4 pics in your last post, are those even current pictures? Or did you just re use the PO's pics?
The truck looks the same except for having a spare tire in the back of it and the volt meter inside.

GLWF

(Good luck with flip)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom