Indiana Junkyards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
Fellas,
I have an idea to create a thread for Indiana junkyards. The obvious purpose is to let other Hoosiers know about locations where they might draw on for parts. Also, if anyone passes through IN and needs a part, they can pull up this thread.

Also, since many of us have hybrid 40's, 60's, 80's and boogerwelded rigs:hillbilly: , foreign and domestic yards can be listed.

Here's detail which I think is pertinent:
- name, address and web site
- miles/location from major city
- foreign/domestic yard
- any major known inventories

Here's my contribution:
Brickyard Imported Cars
South Main Street, Brooklyn IN 46111
Toll Free: 800.247.9273
Phone: 317.831.2627
Fax: 317.831.5116
Brickyard Imported Cars website

Hours Mon - Fri: 8-5 and Sat: 9-1

About 15 miles southwest of Indy just off of US67
All foreign, no domestics
Tons of minitrucks, a hand full of 80's, no 60's, and no 40's, Tundra's, FJ (don't know)

Last edited:
Hey,
I am a fairly new addict to this site (I should be writing a paper, however this is a lot more interesting).

I'm in NW Indiana and was wondering if there is anyone in that area that could possibly advise me about where to get parts, and where i can get them installed.

Hey 80 guys! I was at Pic a Part today, just looking. There are three 80's there. One was pretty picked through, the other two still in tact. Wheels, brakes, axles...worth a look.

Sorryiaccidentallyhitthespacebaranddidntnoticebeforegetoffmyassiposted,

Sorry I'm too new of a cruiserhead to know the years well enough. They did all look to be about the same age though.

Just west of Methodist Hospital off of 16th street. They are all the green color. One of them has a real nice gray cloth interior.

Had my first experience w/ the 16th St. Pick-A-Part today.

All the 80's were green, one with brown cloth interior, one with gray leather, and the other, as Ron mentioned, with gray cloth in good condition.

I was after some small interior trim pieces, which they had.

So:

$2.00 admission
+
$5.00 parts total
-
$5.25 in change I found in two vehicles
=$$1.75 for the two rear step plates and a cup holder.

If ya didn't get any "bottom of the bag*" specials you got robbed! :hillbilly:

Nick

BoTB special = parts that ride out in the bottom of the tool bag or box with you. Or so I hear anyway...:hillbilly: Works best when you have a large ticket item to pay for.

If ya didn't get any "bottom of the bag*" specials you got robbed! :hillbilly:

Nick

BoTB special = parts that ride out in the bottom of the tool bag or box with you. Or so I hear anyway...:hillbilly: Works best when you have a large ticket item to pay for.

Hmmm, perhaps thats one of the reasons why we've lost public access to most junkyards around here......

Hmmm, perhaps thats one of the reasons why we've lost public access to most junkyards around here......

They used to have one in Aurora, but haven't been there since '89.

I have a pick-n-pull up by me. i think they bring in their vehicles from other pick-n-pull's garbage. Every vehicle is raped, I mean every one. It's only a buck to get in but I have had minor success at best getting anything and they NEVER answer the phone you just go there in hopes that may have what you need.

They still have one in Aurora. It's busy so stuff gets picked over fast. All axle are $150. Doesn't matter what they are. D60 steers and my 80 series lockers cost the same as D30s.

City Auto wreckers lets you come in on Saturdays. (not to be confused with City Wok, home of City Chicken)

Just wanted to give a heads up....the 3 80's that were down at pic-a-part on 16th street are now crushed. They still had all three about 6 weeks ago when I went down to browse around and get some small parts. Then they were down to just one (the one with gray cloth) about 3 weeks ago when I needed an alternator for my 80 to scavenge parts from (thankfully it was still on the one left). Then I went down this last thursday to try and find some factory dash switches to wire up my IPF lights and future winch and the steering column cover I forgot to look for when I was getting the alt. Well, the last one was gone by then too. Sucks. In fact, they had very, very little foreign cars and not nearly as many domestics as my last trips down there. Turns out, they are paving the entire lot with concrete (not sure if thats a good idea?), so they smashed all the older cars,and just moved the others to the other side while they were paving one side, then move them back while they do the other side. They had probably 200 squashed cars stacked at the entrance waiting for the crusher. I'm sure the 80 I was looking for was in there somewhere. So anyway, just so you guys know, no 80s there anymore (or any toyota trucks what-so-ever) and other stock is probably half or less of what they normally have....at least for a little while till they get the paving done (it was about 1/2 way) and restock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom