Incomplete 1993 FSM ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a genuine 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser FSM and it shows absolutely NOTHING about e-lockers or servicing rear wheel bearings and axles on a full floating axle, namely the two things I'm about to work on ( e-locker retrofit and bearing repack or replacement.) I want to know preload and torque values. Would the down loadable FSM cover what I'm missing?

:cheers:
Thanx
George

That is a known deficency in the 93 book. That is why I recommend the 94 book for folks with a 93.

Last edited:
That is a known deficency in the 93 book. That is whY I recommend the 94 book for folks with a 93.
Dan,

Why the "deficiency" ? Is it due to the fact that those options were new for the first time in 1993 and the FSM had already been released/printed? Thanks for the help this past Tuesday I'm the guy that ordered parts for my rear e-locker retrofit.

Thanks
George

I would say that about sums it up. 93 was a trasition year and when the manual was published all the old stuff carried over. They never bothered to correct it or print a supplement. They did do a few corrections to the power steering pump section but that was where it stopped.

FSM

Yeah had the same problem a bit frustrating after spending 80.00 for it. Thanks for the advice maybe I will buy a 94 FSM.

They probably shouldn't be selling them. I mean they know they are not complete, I would ask to have it returned and given a complete one. straight out, no more cost to you.

That would be the proper thing for them to do...

I had no idea it was incomplete! I got a used one from Ebay for about $35 the same week I bought the truck. I would have been a little PO'd :mad: if I paid full price for a new one. I'll look for a 94 and sell the one I have.

G

What I have found to be different or incomplete was the rear axle, no info on elockers and ps pump was belt driven not gear driven.

Correct.

That is a known deficency in the 93 book. That is why I recommend the 94 book for folks with a 93.

Timely advice - I just did the automatic download of the 93 manual yesterday. Saw this just in time to grab the 94 manual before my 24 hour subscription ran out! :bounce2:

What I have found to be different or incomplete was the rear axle, no info on elockers and ps pump was belt driven not gear driven.

At least in the downloaded version, there is a large section on Air Conditioning in the 1993 manual which isn't in the 1994 manual. May be just a reorganization of the material, but I didn't find some specific files in a search of the directory structure.

That is a known deficiency in the 93 book. That is why I recommend the 94 book for folks with a 93.
Dan,

I just got a 1994 FSM from Ebay. Will the 94 FSM cover all of the specifications for my 93 FZJ80 plus all of the deficiencies that the 93 FSM is missing or is there some things the 93 FSM covers more specifically then the 94 FSM?

Thanks
George

The 94 book is fine for the 93. The only variance would be relative to the refrigerant if you have an early 93 with R12 A/C.

The 94 book is fine for the 93. The only variance would be relative to the refrigerant if you have an early 93 with R12 A/C.
It is an early 93 Love that R12!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom