INCOMING! (FJ40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlestonG8R

Hey y'all!
SILVER Star
Threads
She is inbound! I posted this on the SFLC site, but since @custyota @southerncruiser62 and @forrest5000 frequent the ONSC site a bit more often, I figured I'd post here :)

My longtime friend Shannon, who I met many moons ago during my Marine Corps years, is in the picture. The FJ40 was her late husband's - another Marine that paid the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan about 10 years ago. She and her current husband love the vehicle but have safety concerns with their children riding in it. And so begins its life here in Charleston! It runs, it stops, it has rust, and I have not yet seen it. It will be an adventure, I'm sure!

10514526_10203576763194427_3736108984500989735_n.jpg
10151839_10203576662471909_8768365753073341475_n.jpg

Nice rig.

Incredible story.

Thanks! Yeah, I hope that Bryan is looking down and pleased with the direction we take it.

Looks great and a neat story as well. What year is it?

Thanks! It's a 1981. It spent most of its life here on the east coast, but it has been in Texas for the last 5 years (give or take).

Nice. Subscribed.

Thanks everyone! I can't tell you how happy I am to have such an awesome group to share my enthusiasm! I really want to do it right by Bryan - this was his baby. Shannon was really torn up about selling it, I had to give her first dibs if for some reason we couldn't keep it... But I don't think that will be an issue. My wife actually encouraged me to buy it (as well as the 100).

So, I've never even rode in a 40 much less worked on one! She said its in very good shape, so hopefully my questions will be few in quantity and heavy in simplicity :). I will post more pics this weekend when she arrives.

Great story to build on. Were heading to Charleston early next week, might try and see it.

It's an unofficial HAMOM it sounds like. I won't be in charleston :D

Cool truck and story! I somehow missed the part that you had acquired it. Congrats and enjoy the ride

So after a long day (really, a week) of waiting, the FJ40 never arrived last night. Hopefully today. Shannon had the driver's number. When I called him, he was irritated and said he might get here today, he might not. He might arrive this afternoon and it might be later this evening - possibly tomorrow or the next day. I think he's having vehicle problems and there was a bit of a communication barrier... Still, I'm anxious.

On another note, the wife is taking me to Pecker's for lunch and Big Gay Ice Cream afterwards. (http://biggayicecream.com/) A Salty Pimp might just make my day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom