In the area 9/2 & 9/3 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grench

SILVER Star
Threads
I will be in the Black Hills with the wife & kids (twin 5 year old boys) on 9/2 and 9/3. We'll be doing the usual tourist spot thing, but I would like to go check a trail while I'm there. Any suggestions? Anyone want to come give us some company? Otherwise, we're a solo vehicle.

I'm looking for something that my FZJ80 can walk through. Its OME heavy (3") with 33" MTRs, lockers, etc... I want to give the boys a bit of a thrill, have some good scenery to look at, but with minimal opportunities to break stuff. I'm thinking an afternoon excursion, so something we can do in 4-6 hours or less.

So, I'm pretty much looking for the :princess: friendly minimal maintenance scenic road(s). Any suggestions? A GPS coordinate for the trail head?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any GPS cooridinates but you can find the location on the map. Take a drive up Bloody gulch and tour over Divide road and Pony Gulch near Rochford. It's scenic and will give ya'll a thrill. The main trails will be occupied by the Dakota Territory Challenge and all us locals stay away from the main trails due to the event. Also a person can spend alot of time getting lost in the hills. Just stay on numbered roads and you'll be good

Load up the GPS data for the region and pick up a FSM and you'll be good. My co-pilot is very proficient with his Magellan and we were never lost. Many of the Forest Service roads criss-cross the gulches/trails and even the crossings can be, uh, exciting..........for 50 or 60 feet.;)
Beautiful place, those Hills.
But take Rhonda's advice. She's da bomb.:beer:

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom