in-stock, the last of the Dissent Aluminum REAR bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shame, as barely any lightweight options out there!

Are there any V2 left then, or have they all gone since this thread went live?

Last edited:
Do you have any V2 ally left since posting this last week? Put me down if so!!

"That said the last aluminum v2 bumpers are sold out"

just re-read the thread and can see this now.

hey there - just checking back in, and seeing if the ally bumper might be making a comeback?

My insurance claim was super delayed but starting to move again..

hey there - just checking back in, and seeing if the ally bumper might be making a comeback?

I'm holding out hope that quality aluminum will eventually come down enough in price to allow small manufacturers like Dissent to make it worth their while to offer them again.

I realize that commodity prices (see the graph below, price is as of the date of this post) don't always accurately indicate what is available at the end of the supply chain, but at least global prices have eased somewhat in the last 6-9 months.

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 14-30-48 Aluminum - 2023 Data - 1989-2022 Historical - 2024 Forecast ...png

Yeah well I don't want to drive around making people think I stand for something
Nobody ever said anything to me other than “OH MAN YOU HAVE A DISSENT ROOF RACK AND BUMPER?” If anything I get more guff for moms at the mall for my Santa Cruz skateboards titty Shaka screaming hand and my PATAGOF**YOURSELF sticker (the hipsters hate that one out on the trails cause I guess it offensive to Patagonia) 🙄

I'm holding out hope that quality aluminum will eventually come down enough in price to allow small manufacturers like Dissent to make it worth their while to offer them again.

I realize that commodity prices (see the graph below, price is as of the date of this post) don't always accurately indicate what is available at the end of the supply chain, but at least global prices have eased somewhat in the last 6-9 months.

View attachment 3281909
I wonder if I were to supply my own aluminum would they make it for me/us? I do have a couple friends that own a couple steel mills in Fontana, CA. My buddy said he could make a few sheets of the high strength aluminum stuff that they use for their military contracts but he did say they would need the specialized equipment to join the pieces together as the regular aluminum alloy welding methods aren’t able to be used with the mil-spec aluminum that they were making for the F-22 Raptors

Last edited:
Nobody ever said anything to me other than “OH MAN YOU HAVE A DISSENT ROOF RACK AND BUMPER?” If anything I get more guff for moms at the mall for my Santa Cruz skateboards titty Shaka screaming hand and my PATAGOF**YOURSELF sticker (the hipsters hate that one out on the trails cause I guess it offensive to Patagonia) 🙄
Yeah well who knows what they're all thinking

Yeah well I don't want to drive around making people think I stand for something
I didn't have you pegged as someone that cares what others think, lol.

@kem I dig the name and logo. Never gave it any political connotation beyond a generic "do your thing" mentality.

I didn't have you pegged as someone that cares what others think, lol.

@kem I dig the name and logo. Never gave it any political connotation beyond a generic "do your thing" mentality.
No I'm very socially conscious

Reach out to dissent. They just said 2 hours ago they have one in box and ready to ship.

Last edited:
Any chance for an aluminum rear bumper on the horizon yet? :)

I've loved my aluminum rear bumper I was lucky win at the last 100s in the Hills (R.I.P.) and have put it through its paces, a few weeks ago at Windrock ORV for GSMTR. I plan on switching the front ARB out for a dissent at some point for better approach angles.

Is there a plan for a new center piece on the base bumper to be able to use the the factory in-frame hitch mount? I dont mind dragging it, but saw on FB that the centerpiece of the base bumper was being redesigned and didn't know if that was an option. I tow enough to not be able to use a hitch delete version. Thanks!
View attachment 3060551

View attachment 3060552
Took a few good hits at GSMTR #32 this weekend. 👌

20230617_165012.jpg

Anyone know how much the aluminum rear bumper weighs?

I am ISO/WTB dissent aluminum rear bumper if anybody’s got one laying around.

Still after one as well! The rounded finishing on yours' Bamabrock is pretty spectacular.

I'm on a leeward shore and ally is so much better resisting the salt getting blown in from the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom