in-stock, the last of the Dissent Aluminum REAR bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kem

Threads
Website
www.dissentoffroad.com
Hey mud, Filip from Dissent here.

We've got a limited number of aluminum rears IN-STOCK. We are in the middle of revising the steel LC100 rear and at this time we do not expect to make an aluminum version of the new rear bumper, at least not for awhile.

For the aluminum ones we have in-stock lead times will vary depending on options and powdercoat, but a RAW bumper with no swing outs ordered today will ship early next week. Powder coated orders will likely take 2-4 weeks, swing arms or not.

Once the new V3 LC100 steel rear bumper is finished we expect MUCH shorter lead times for all LC100 steel orders, already the steel fronts are shipping in 3-5 weeks powder-coated. Our goal is to have orders never take longer than 10 weeks and generally be fulfilled in 2-8 weeks (depending on stock). If you have a steel rear on order we have decided to upgrade you to the new version, it didn't make sense to make one more batch of the old version.

Do you have any photos of the aluminum bumper bare or in the gray/black combo?

Can you confirm all tire carriers/swing arms will fit this aluminum bumper if those are ordered in future?

EDIT: Also what's the difference between current version and updated version?

Thanks

The current swing arms are not changing and will bolt up to either bumper V2 or V3, steel or aluminum. The goal of the redesign was to change the fit-up and welding process to greatly reduce our lead times while improving overall quality. Ben and the design team were already making changes so they did make some incremental improvements, the main one being we did away with the cheap reverse lights we were including for free and by popular demand adding support for our combination lamps (stop/turn/reverse), and for those who want just reverse lights we will now sell a rigid ignite reverse light package. With this change, all of our rear bumpers support the same rear lighting options (LC 80/100/200 & GX 470)

It never made sense that you guys cut those bumpers to specifically fit the no name Chinese reverse lights. I had to custom mount Rigids into mine when I got it a couple of years ago. Good change on the updated version of the bumper if you ask me.

I've loved my aluminum rear bumper I was lucky win at the last 100s in the Hills (R.I.P.) and have put it through its paces, a few weeks ago at Windrock ORV for GSMTR. I plan on switching the front ARB out for a dissent at some point for better approach angles.

Is there a plan for a new center piece on the base bumper to be able to use the the factory in-frame hitch mount? I dont mind dragging it, but saw on FB that the centerpiece of the base bumper was being redesigned and didn't know if that was an option. I tow enough to not be able to use a hitch delete version. Thanks!
20220618_132358.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-094319_Signal.jpg

Current plan is that the new steel base LC100 rear will come in two versions: drop hitch (like the current bumper) or ultra-high clearance (no hitch). *IF* you have a rare spec frame with the Japanese towing rear cross member we can do a ultra-high clearance hitch for you.

If you have a more common LC100 frame and want the ultra-high clearance plus a hitch we will sell an Ultra-high Clearance Hitch Kit that will include a new rear cross member. This will be an add-on to the base bumper, so you could get the regular bumper first and eventually upgrade to the cross member kit.

Current plan is that the new steel base LC100 rear will come in two versions: drop hitch (like the current bumper) or ultra-high clearance (no hitch). *IF* you have a rare spec frame with the Japanese towing rear cross member we can do a ultra-high clearance hitch for you.

If you have a more common LC100 frame and want the ultra-high clearance plus a hitch we will sell an Ultra-high Clearance Hitch Kit that will include a new rear cross member. This will be an add-on to the base bumper, so you could get the regular bumper first and eventually upgrade to the cross member kit.
To be clear, Filip, this UHC Hitch Kit would only work with the V3 bumper, and not the aluminum V2 bumper? Thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it.

Are you evoking the black panthers with your logo

So, I've wondered the same thing. I mean the name correlates somewhat with the symbol but I never received an official reply. I live in a place where the raised fist isn't favored well so I just reversed my sides on the jerry can holder so that they were facing in and not out.

So, I've wondered the same thing. I mean the name correlates somewhat with the symbol but I never received an official reply. I live in a place where the raised fist isn't favored well so I just reversed my sides on the jerry can holder so that they were facing in and not out.

Dissent does not take any political stances or views, our name, and logo pre-date today's turbulent political climate and are in no way any kind of political statement. We're here to off-road and talk Land Cruisers, that's it.

For those who are curious about the name, we dissent against the traditional school of thought that armor needs to be bulky and heavy. The fist is a long-standing symbol of resistance, which we flipped as resisting traditional bulky armor, it also connotes strength which is a good symbol for an armor company.

Correct, the ultra-high clearance kit would only work for V3 steel bumpers... That said the last aluminum v2 bumpers are sold out
My 03 had the integrated factory hitch and I would buy an updated center piece that allows me to go through the bumper.

Dissent does not take any political stances or views, our name, and logo pre-date today's turbulent political climate and are in no way any kind of political statement. We're here to off-road and talk Land Cruisers, that's it.

For those who are curious about the name, we dissent against the traditional school of thought that armor needs to be bulky and heavy. The fist is a long-standing symbol of resistance, which we flipped as resisting traditional bulky armor, it also connotes strength which is a good symbol for an armor company.
I can guarantee you the name and logo predate and have nothing to do with the current political environment. Think less about SCOTUS and more about Frost... and take the road less traveled.

Hey mud, Filip from Dissent here.

We've got a limited number of aluminum rears IN-STOCK. We are in the middle of revising the steel LC100 rear and at this time we do not expect to make an aluminum version of the new rear bumper, at least not for awhile.

For the aluminum ones we have in-stock lead times will vary depending on options and powdercoat, but a RAW bumper with no swing outs ordered today will ship early next week. Powder coated orders will likely take 2-4 weeks, swing arms or not.

Once the new V3 LC100 steel rear bumper is finished we expect MUCH shorter lead times for all LC100 steel orders, already the steel fronts are shipping in 3-5 weeks powder-coated. Our goal is to have orders never take longer than 10 weeks and generally be fulfilled in 2-8 weeks (depending on stock). If you have a steel rear on order we have decided to upgrade you to the new version, it didn't make sense to make one more batch of the old version.
Looks like you're sold out now?

I can guarantee you the name and logo predate and have nothing to do with the current political environment. Think less about SCOTUS and more about Frost... and take the road less traveled.
Yeah well I don't want to drive around making people think I stand for something

Fist? What fist? All I see is a craggy mountain range. Somewhere in this forum there is a discussion with @benc on the original design of the logo.

Yeah well I don't want to drive around making people think I stand for something

No one says you have to install their name plate if that bothers you. Mine looks fine without it.

Are the current V2 ally now all gone? Am looking right now for ally rear bumper options and want to stay ally for weight reasons, as this isn't a hard core crawler. I have a JDM UZJ100 (2000). From what i'm understanding then this is the "rare" JDM hitch which allows me the UHC version?

Can you give me a rough price & lead time of when the ally ones will start production?
Also tire carrier option?

I got hit so an offroad rear is a cheaper option for the 3rd party insurer than a new OEM painted and fitted. I don't really care about lead times, but would look to get one paid as long as I knew it was due within a few months. But want the insurance payout processed asap.

Close ups on my hitch attached - I believe it's a 3rd party add on, not JDM factory.

IMG-20220625-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20220625-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20220625-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20220625-WA0014.jpeg

IMG-20220625-WA0026.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom