In search of hard top/doors for '74 FJ40

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Parts' started by Lagger5218, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lagger5218

Lagger5218

I've got a '74 that I need a hard top and doors for. Truthfully, I've owned it for over a year but have been forced to store it for almost the entire time and don't really know as much about it as I wish. I've noticed that some guys have written that they can't get a hard top since they have a "soft top model".. does that mean that since mine has a soft top that a hard top will not work on it? If not, then what years hard tops will work for me? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone with a hard top for sale for me, I'd be especially interested if it were reasonably close to Missoula, MT (where my FJ is stored) or Omaha, NE (where I live). Again, thanks in advance for any help... I hate being the new know-nothing moron amongst a bunch of die hard Cruiser lovers, but I'm hopin to bust mine out of storage in the next couple months and start enjoying it/learning about it.

2. coolcruiserfj40

coolcruiserfj40

a soft top model was a option from factory so enless yours was you can run a 65? to 75 it might be later then 65 though :confused:

3. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    you can easily run a hardtop on a softtopped 74...i have doors in denver, but no more tops. you should be able to find one pretty easily though.

4. Lagger5218

Lagger5218

great, thanks for the heads up guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.