In Search of FJ-55 and advice

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ISO_FJ55, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ISO_FJ55

ISO_FJ55

I have been thinking about getting a Fj-55 for some time and need some advice.

Besides rust around front fenders and roof, what else should I be concerned about (beyond motor and tranny)?

Also prices? I've seen some across the board, basically the more rusted the less dough, and visa versa.

2. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

RUST RUST RUST

the rest is landcruiser

just basically realise their over a quarter of a century old, if it runs it runs, if coolant and oil are mixing it's bad...

only thing i can think of, if your in first and get on and off the throttle and 1st gear jumps out, it's a sign you might have to rebuild/ replace the gearbox in the next 5-10 years

3. clemson55

clemson55

ISO where are you at? That will help in A) finding you one and B) giving you a guess on prices. Because from what I've seen the price in the east varies a fair bit from the west. Amount of rust and availability are different. I would also say come to the fj55 forum and talk to us and stay around the board because if we spot one we can let you know.

4. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    worry the most about rust...pig parts are unobtanium (except for front fenders now...thanks pvcruisers!!! :cheers: )...motor/drivetrain can be rebuilt/swapped.

5. Yotahilux

Yotahilux

If your in VA, there is one in Winchester for $1,800. Owner says body is 8.5 out of 10. Says that it is only rolling chasis. Add is in this issue of Toyota Trails.

Chucks

PS
    Welcome
    :cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.