In praise of epoxy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What I do is not flash or showroom, my troopy is for work in the bush. She gets scratched , dinged and carts high value fire bricks from and to remote locations.
I have used epoxy resin for all sorts of form work over the years and find it fantastic stuff. It is more flexible and durable than fibre glass resin. It is famously used for constructing canoes.

On the floor panels and foot wells of my troopy I use epoxy resin and fibreglass mesh as a very tough finish which is easy to repair, recoat and clean.
1667523460090.png

1667523530109.png

It is also very good for reinforcing the mdf interior panels, much more robust.

1667523583467.png

As an extra layer of protection I cut up some marine ply to fit below the seats. Not a big fan of carpet or vinyl as they hold water. We often had to hose out the blood of a troopy in the desert after roo hunting.

1667523726296.png

The ply sheets compliment the modular boxes which are the same height as the seats. I prefer this set up to a long drawer system as I can still do the kids parties (10 kids is a rowdy, precious load), sleep solo, duo or triple. I can still lift the seats and carry full loads of double beds, christmas trees, fridges, lumber, 600l water tanks, etc.

1667523904143.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom