In need of a new headliner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you're talking to me I've got the whole headliner with the rods still in it laying in storage. The sound deadener I'm using sprays on kinda like bedliner so no worries about it coming off. I'm leaning pretty heavily towards leaving the headliner out; seems the new one is gonna be more $$ and trouble than it's worth to me

I would rather keep it in to be honest...Just a bit frustrated with mine at the front windshield. When I got the FJ60 from Cali the front headliner where it goes under the window was a bit of a mess due to a previous windshield replacement. So I trimmed it along the edge of the front windshield gasket and tried gluing it with some 3M stuff the other day, seemed to hold good, but then the next day I noticed parts of it sagging :(
Maybe due to the metal getting warm with the truck sitting in the sun? Or maybe the headliner was not clean enough? How would I clean it though. Any suggestions on how to stick it up?
Thanks!

if your curious what it looks like without a headliner you can look at my build thread of my bj60 and yes it a PITA. Ive got sags and other things Im trying to deal with on my SOR replacement headliner. Any one got any instructions or tips for install other than take it to a upholstery shop? SOR has no instructions on their site and on a side note I think they sewed the loops for the rods to long and it causes it to bunch up on the plastic retainer / rod clips.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/760318-1981-bj60-project.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom