In need of a good mechanic in the area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen (and Nolen too),

I hope you don't mind an off topic question, but I need help. I live in Charleston SC (active with our local mud chapter and ONSC) and my daughter goes to Ole Miss, she drives a '04 VW Jetta TDI. Over Christmas break, I had a VW mechanic friend of mine replace the clutch, upgrade the flywheel, replace the rear main seal, valve cover gasket, release bearing lever and pivot pin. She said her MPGs have drastically decreased, so I'm afraid something is going on and she won't be home until May.

The dealer is my last resort, so can anyone recommend a good VW diesel mechanic? Thanks.

Tim

never mind...saw this was in TN not here in Charleston.

Next time she comes home I would send her to WagonWorx on James Island...used to be Barnes VW back when I was in highschool.

No personal experience, but Wolfsburg has a good reputation.

Wolfsburg Automotive
Thanks Cameron, this is what I would like to find. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll send her there. They have good yelp reviews, does anyone have personal experience with them?

I just asked a Volkswagen guy I work with who he uses, and he recommended Wolfsburg. He says there may be a wait to get in line but that they are honest and reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom