In line check valve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please tell me a part number for the in line check valve I need for my mini truck booster swap. I have ordered a booster from an 84 mini from NAPA, but they don't know what check valve to get with it. I have searched the thread and have had no luck. Thanks

Get the one for the 84 booster, doesn't matter. NAPA should know the part number for the check valve if they can order a booster. All it is is a check valve to keep pressure in the booster for power brakes, all you need is to run a vacuum line from the check valve to a intake manifold vacuum source. I don't know what engine you have but anyways its not hard to figure out.

What happened to the one on the booster you are replacing?

Did you check/post up in the classifieds? Gotta be someone with one laying around.

Or if all else fails you may have to source this from the dealer. Never bought a booster from an autoparts store before so can't say whether they should be able to get this part/come with the booster.

Get yourself a universal PCV valve w/ 11/32" (3/8") hose barbs on both ends, install it in the correct direction of flow and go...........

Thanks guys, I will give that a try.

Went to a pull and grab in Daytona, and had no luck with boosters or check valves. I'll keep trying.

Datsun 240/260/280 Z's used an inline check valve on their boosters.

Get yourself a universal PCV valve w/ 11/32" (3/8") hose barbs on both ends, install it in the correct direction of flow and go...........

Well hell. Now that's a good idea. :bounce2:

I have a couple of Cruiser PCV valves I can use for that. It was on my list of things to get for my mini-truck booster.

Don't know! I have yet to get that far in my build! I do have the valve ready to go though. ;)

Certainly a quick reply. I've still got a long list of stuff to get done but it's getting closer to the point that I could drive it if I had to. I know I've got a Tacoma brake booster on there and I guess I'm still needing an in-line check valve.

I think I've found one with double 3/8 barbs that will fit. Dorman 80195

My mini booster has a inline check valve. I thought they were all on the booster. Not in my case. You can an inline from Toyota if needed...

Shawn

Certainly a quick reply. I've still got a long list of stuff to get done but it's getting closer to the point that I could drive it if I had to. I know I've got a Tacoma brake booster on there and I guess I'm still needing an in-line check valve.

I think I've found one with double 3/8 barbs that will fit. Dorman 80195

Oops, that says it's a brake filter and not a PCV valve. Maybe that one won't do then. Seems like the PCV valves I find have different size barbs on either end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom