In honor of those who serve(ed)

Deep South Cruisers

1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

I got a new 3'x5' Old Glory to proudly display during the cookout this weekend.

THANK YOU! to all those who serve and protect our country and God Bless those have gone on!

thanx for reminding me

i think i'll hang my wifes g-fathers military flag out this weekend.

can anyone tell me,if you hang the flag from the edge,what side are the star supposed to be on as your looking at it?

never mind i found my flag rules and regulations.

for those who want to know:

when the flag is displayed in a manner other than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat,whether indoors or out.when displayed horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union(stars) should be uppermost and to the flags oun right,that is, to the observers left.

THANX TO ALL WHO ARE NOW AND WHO HAVE FORMERLY SERVED OUR COUNTRY!!!!!

Jman

2badfjs said:
i think i'll hang my wifes g-fathers military flag out this weekend.

can anyone tell me,if you hang the flag from the edge,what side are the star supposed to be on as your looking at it?

never mind i found my flag rules and regulations.

for those who want to know:

when the flag is displayed in a manner other than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat,whether indoors or out.when displayed horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union(stars) should be uppermost and to the flags oun right,that is, to the observers left.

THANX TO ALL WHO ARE NOW AND WHO HAVE FORMERLY SERVED OUR COUNTRY!!!!!
Are you asking, or answering?????

Blue in the upper left as you look at it is how I've always done it. :beer:

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!

Cheers to all who have ever served!

Special cheers to those I served with proudly
US NAVY 1990-1994 USS Harry W. Hill DD986

GeoRoss

I too want to put in my thanks to those men and women. I am about to be away from my family for 10-12 weeks, which I am beginning to think will be damn near unbearable. Those folks to 1 yr or more tours. Hats off and thanks.

Ross

Grand Fathers in WWI and WWII, Father in Navy Korea, Father in law in WWII second landing D-Day, 2 bronze one silver star, sharp shooter Captan served with Patton, biggest hard ass you will ever meet till you get to know him, nicest guy ever, heart of gold. Every time I see a flag I think of our soldiers and give thanks.

Grandfather (both sides) WW1/2
Father, Vietnam, LTC Ranger Airborne (retired after 20 years of service)

I never got much of a chance to thank my grandfathers so I let my father know on a regular basis how much what he did means to me. Same to all the other soldiers too, what you do really does mean alot to those who enjoy the freedoms you risk your life to provide.

A while back and Im not sure they still do it you could get a U.S. flag flown over th U.S. Embassy here in Kabul. I think it came back with a certificate.

The PX sells flags here and postage would be minimal so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

Once again not sure if they still do it and if they do, how many I can get flown, how long it will take, ect.

I will try to find out Saturday what the deal is.

mj1015 said:
A while back and Im not sure they still do it you could get a U.S. flag flown over th U.S. Embassy here in Kabul. I think it came back with a certificate.

The PX sells flags here and postage would be minimal so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

Once again not sure if they still do it and if they do, how many I can get flown, how long it will take, ect.

I will try to find out Saturday what the deal is.
can you score me some AK-47's

Top Bottom