In Alberta and driving a JDM ? Read! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Amvic plans to ban RHD - IVOAC.ca Forums
I would encourage anyone in Alberta to contact your member of parliament ASAP before they accomplish what they are trying... Alberta transportation and AMVIC are hard at work to not only prevent RHD from being sold, but being driven as well

Amvic plans to ban RHD - IVOAC.ca Forums
I would encourage anyone in Alberta to contact your member of parliament ASAP before they accomplish what they are trying... Alberta transportation and AMVIC are hard at work to not only prevent RHD from being sold, but being driven as well

I think your MLA would be your first target but your MP shouldn't be too far behind.

Taken from AMVIC's current strategic plan...

Many consumers are taken advantage of because they cannot easily find out the history of a vehicle. AMVIC can help consumers by
working with government to put various measures in place that will capture and facilitate the reporting of vehicle history.
Principle
 Foster open and clear communication in the motor vehicle industry and support an honest exchange of information among industry,
government, and consumers.
 Protect Alberta consumers from unfair business practices and work towards building trust and confidence in the motor vehicle industry.
 Promote safety concerns from the Motor Vehicle Industry to the appropriate government bodies

Preferred Future
Right hand drive vehicles will not be allowed on
Alberta roads.

Current Situation and Gaps
Right hand drive vehicles are being sold legally in
Alberta. They are unsafe.

Future Actions to Fill Gaps
Work with Alberta Transportation to change
legislation so that right hand drive vehicles are not
allowed to be sold or driven in Alberta.

oh great, another province is getting involved. So first Quebec now this? how long until ICBC gets the bright idea to ban them too? Is there anyone that can stop this crap.
I feel like taking my domestic Left hand drive and converting it to a Right hand drive just to piss them off.

If you think BC is in the clear, your dead wrong. Who do you think started all of this ? Every province has claimed ICBC's bogus report in 2007 as fact.....

If you think BC is in the clear, your dead wrong. Who do you think started all of this ? Every province has claimed ICBC's bogus report in 2007 as fact.....

Yes, it started in BC and we know it is still a high priority for the new vehicle dealers and their friends at ICBC. The ICBC report is often referred to by gov and special interest groups trying to prevent imports.

If they aren't stopped, the next ones will be the old vehicles like the Classic Cruisers. I am also sure these same dealers and manufactures would also love to have the same regulations like they have in Japan, where only the wealthy can afford to keep a vehicle on the road more than 10 years.

In a number of the CADA documents they talk over and over about fleet renewal which simply means to make it difficult to keep an old vehicle on the road so you have to buy a new one from them.

You'd think after the automotive bailouts people would wisen up. The sooner our economies are not dependent on this industry of leaches the better.

Those people (against) RHD MUST BE STOPPED NOW.

what i have found is that in Alberta the owners of RHD vehicles pretend to have balls but when push comes to shove the residents there crawl back under their rocks.
i notified the Calgary Land Cruiser club about the need to step up and do something (they have a very high ratio of RHD Cruisers to LHD) and not a single response.

it is similar in BC, very little action. if BC residents and the Alberta owners stood up there would be a fine number showing displeasure.

<spineless?>

the money we need to have a decent fight is in Alberta, the numbers we need to do a succesful fight is in BC.

oh well, they will be crying in their beer right along with the other owners that can not replace their damaged RHD vehicles.

CANUKS

I see that alot of folks gripe , But most don't even want to sign against the HST in BC.

Im out every sunday 9-3 just for this.
Here is my new Shaw internet bill. 20.00 bucks in taxes . WTF,

Have a look Canada.. Plus ICBC is know to makes it's own rules.

I hold a licence with there stuff, (as good as they want it) ..

And there working on just that. No RHD's.

Last edited:
CANUKS

I see that alot of folks gripe , But most don't even want to sign against the HST in BC.

Too many people have become nothing more than cattle. But the HST campaign shows that people can wake up and stand up for something they believe in.

If I didn't believe we could beat this one, I wouldn't be fighting it.

cattle at least rebel once in a while... sheep are, well, Canadians with furry coats on.

i also feel we can beat this if we can get the support we need.

<wait till CCMTA launches the 10 year ban on LHD and RHD vehicles, i wonder if the spinless will stand up or just open their wallets wider. bye bye cool old cruisers and hello 200 series (puke)>>

A quick question on this, if you currently own a RHD will it be grandfathered in that you can still own it?

There just won't be anymore RHDs available for sale or import?

that is correct
BUT
what if some drunk totals your sweet ride and you can not replace it?? those are my concerns.
plus
why shouldn't Canadians have the FREEDOM to chose what we WANT to drive?
<i want a mega cruiser but that isn't available till next year, should CADA have the power to tell me that i HAVE to buy a H1?>

I agree with you 100% Wayne, maybe I have to buy a second cruiser now to tuck away?

I've kind of followed this up until now, I'll have to watch it a little closer to see if and where I can get involved.

Afterall, I can't picture myself driving anything else now if I loose my cruiser:crybaby:

I wish I could say I think you're wrong Wayne... but I don't.
We get lulled into a false sense of "everything's ok", but the CADA pukes aren't going to give up so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom