Impressed with fuel mileage. Should I be? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like milage threads, they make me feel normal.

Besides, i love gas--LOVE IT! Can't get enough of it! :steer:

Amen! Preach it brother!

2" lift, 35" km2's, code 71 and 28 and my non scientific estimate is 11-12mpg. My target to fill up is 200 miles on my odo, but with my setup I know it's closer to 220-240 actual miles. I'm interested to see what improvement I can get from new o2 sensors and tackling my code 71.

25% ?!?:eek::eek::eek:
With 4.88s and 35s you should be pretty darn close to stock ratios, and the speedo should be fairly close as is. I have a very hard time believing you have to add 25% to your odo to be accurate... Am I missing something? 12.5mpg sounds about right though.

I know there is math for the other correction factors. However, I've checked the odometer against roadside mile markers and against GPS. It was a consistent 25%.

I'm curious why the math doesn't work. But the real world numbers are really consistent. I have the wrangler mtrs that measure out closer to 34.6" if I recall from other folks threads.

I did set a new personal record a month ago keeping the highway speeds at closer to 60-65 (gps) with the cruise on I got up to 13.5 mpg.

For procedure i use the trip odometer corrected for my measured factor and then I divide by the gallons filled.

My worst tank ever was driving to Colorado from Minnesota for an Elk hunting trip. I had way too much load in an enclosed utility trailer that is taller and wider than the truck. We had 40-50 mph headwind. 6.5 mpg :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: I think we filled up at 110 miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom