Importing Dream Vehicle (Toyota Troopy) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mrf

Threads
Hello all.
Over the last 2 years I have been wanting to import a Toyota Troop Carrier. There is just something about it that I love.

So I know that the vehicle has to be 25+ to import and I am ready to get serious. I am currently located in Dallas Texas and I am wanting to get a LHD vehicle.

I am curious how you find someone to help source a vehicle and what website y'all use to browse vehicles for sale in countries that offer the Troopy in LHD configurations.

I have a 1995 HZJ75 troopy that I have been using in Europe for a while now . Next year in October it turns 25 and will be coming to the US . I might even install a pop top on it before shipping it.

It all depends on your budget and what you want in/on that cruiser.

It is pretty hard to find a good used 25 year old cruiser in Europe and the nice ones don’t stay for sale long.

I have a 1995 HZJ75 troopy that I have been using in Europe for a while now . Next year in October it turns 25 and will be coming to the US . I might even install a pop top on it before shipping it.

It all depends on your budget and what you want in/on that cruiser.

It is pretty hard to find a good used 25 year old cruiser in Europe and the nice ones don’t stay for sale long.

Thanks for your reply Joekatana and recordation SteveJackson.

Joekatana, woud a budget of 30K USD be reasonable or am I shooting too low? Also, did you fly out there and buy it yourself or go through someone you knew?

Thanks for your reply Joekatana and recordation SteveJackson.

Joekatana, woud a budget of 30K USD be reasonable or am I shooting too low? Also, did you fly out there and buy it yourself or go through someone you knew?

I grew up in Europe and am buying cruisers all the time , I have about a dozen of them overthere waiting on their 25th Birthday.

30k will get you a troopy for sure it just depends on what model , year and condition you are trying to get .

Thank you all for the words of wisdom!

I lived a short time in England so if I don't find an importer I plan on taking a "family vacation"out there and visit some other countries while there.

@joekatana I assume you plan on selling them once you’ve imported? I’d be interested in talking to you to see if you’ve got anything I would be interested in. I’m originally from Austria, and also currently on the look, but have missed out on a few. Please PM me

I have seen this one around town here in Bogotá and it looks amazing. With the current exchange rate, they are asking for about 17k usd.

They pop up on occasion in GCC countries as well i grabbed swb troop carrier in 2017 and shipped home last year from middle east very few diesels though if thats what you are after

@TonyP yes sir. search my history for pics. 7pax. bench seat in front, 2 jump seats in rear on each side for 2 pax ea.

actually keep jump seats folded up for now, and use it on the farm like a van.

I am importing some TLCs from Bogota, Colombia and surrounding areas. I have 2 local teams on the ground for specufic request. PM me if you would like to know more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom