Importing and Covid 19

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Anyone know how this has effected importing to the US? I've read Fastenal is currently not shipping. Was ready to get my parts shipped from Australia. Member with my parts had checked and was told no problem getting them picked up and loaded at port in Melbourne. My fear is once arriving in California they will just sit there instead of going thru customs and the trucked to Arizona. Anyone have any info?

This thread might be a good place to share any info on importing during Covid 19.

SteveJackson

Supporting Vendor

Many places are on a reduced volume schedule but still operating. Fastenal isn't shipping but plenty of other LTL carriers out there. Customs seems to be dragging a little but for cargo/freight they seem to be as "efficient" as ever.

I'm not sure what is normal but I'm having 83 fj40 imported from Melbourne (also going to AZ) and it will have waited a month to ship out... Seemed like a while but like I said I don't know what's normal.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

I missed your Mudship thread are you still shipping a full container? Miss the speedometer cluster thread as well. Have a few 8/80+ instrument clusters. So is yours a FJ40 LX model with a H55F five speed? Power steering and A/C? Mostly see BJ42 LX models in Australia.

Yep, LX with 5spd, power steering no a/c though original 2f. I was looking for a bj42, but while the exchange rate was so good, this one came up. Not doing a full container since no takers. I'm just doing roll on roll off so can't put in extra parts or I'd offer that to anyone as well.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Yep, LX with 5spd, power steering no a/c though original 2f. I was looking for a bj42, but while the exchange rate was so good, this one came up. Not doing a full container since no takers. I'm just doing roll on roll off so can't put in extra parts or I'd offer that to anyone as well.
Funny would preferred a FJ40 over a BJ42.

No worries on parts. Have way too many to fit even in a troopy. Too bad about A/C could really use it in Arizona. In .y parts have a evaporator and control box from 40 series to adapt into my 79 FJ40.

Is your 40 still coming into California? Picked up a 40 series H55F a few years ago which ended up in Washington state. Had planned a road trip to pick. A family emergency prevented that which lead to another adventure getting it to Arizona.

Top Bottom