importing a diesel?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LukeO, Jul 14, 2005.

1. LukeO

LukeO

How much of a pain in the arse is it to bring a diesel Cruiser into the US?

What are the chances of getting a left hand drive?

I was at Specter's web site last night and they want $7900.00 for a used 1HD turbo. So if and when I have the money I may as well buy the whole thing.

Who knows how to do this?

2. mot

mot

Use the Force, Luke! :D

You should ask this in the International section and somewhere at the top of the section, if not a sticky, should be a great thread named something like... "Everything I've ever learned about importing..."

May the Force be with you! ;)

Mot ;p

3. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

I met a guy about 10 years ago that imported an LJ-70 diesel into the US. The guy worked for the US government and bought the truck new in Africa. He said it cost him about 6 grand to make it pass US spec the legal way. Whatever the "legal way" is I'm not sure. A friend of mine recently saw the truck in at a local cruiser cruiser salvage place with some front end damage. However cruiser solutions is selling a rhd diesel pickup they imported from botswana I believe with a Maine title. But they are in NH. Not sure how they pulled that one off.

4. honk

honk

Media:
    Most, if not all of the South American cruisers are left hand drive. The rest? Adjust yourself.:)

5. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    that africa spec 45LPB is more than 25 years old(I will assume)......so no problem bringing it in

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.