1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

importing a diesel?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LukeO, Jul 14, 2005.

1. LukeO

LukeO

How much of a pain in the arse is it to bring a diesel Cruiser into the US?

What are the chances of getting a left hand drive?

I was at Specter's web site last night and they want $7900.00 for a used 1HD turbo. So if and when I have the money I may as well buy the whole thing.

Who knows how to do this?

2. mot

mot

Use the Force, Luke! :D

You should ask this in the International section and somewhere at the top of the section, if not a sticky, should be a great thread named something like... "Everything I've ever learned about importing..."

May the Force be with you! ;)

Mot ;p

3. ken_79-fj40

ken_79-fj40

I met a guy about 10 years ago that imported an LJ-70 diesel into the US. The guy worked for the US government and bought the truck new in Africa. He said it cost him about 6 grand to make it pass US spec the legal way. Whatever the "legal way" is I'm not sure. A friend of mine recently saw the truck in at a local cruiser cruiser salvage place with some front end damage. However cruiser solutions is selling a rhd diesel pickup they imported from botswana I believe with a Maine title. But they are in NH. Not sure how they pulled that one off.

4. honk

honk

Media:
    Most, if not all of the South American cruisers are left hand drive. The rest? Adjust yourself.:)

5. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    that africa spec 45LPB is more than 25 years old(I will assume)......so no problem bringing it in