Importing a Cygnus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone.

Seeing if anyone here has ever heard of anyone importing a land cruiser cygnus into the us?

The 100 series is listed on the eligible non conforming vehicles on the nhsta website. I’ve gone over it with my fiancée who’s a import trade complaince attorney and it seems legal. Seeing if anyone has tried this in the past or has heard of anyone doing it. Found a nice cygnus in Japan that I have my eye on importing.

Thanks,

Eric

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/elig120115.pdf

Interesting. Seems to me that you'd be better off finding a nice LX (same thing as a Cygnus) here. Steering wheel is on the correct side too :)

Latest you can import is '92, so 100's are still about 7 years out. If it were possible the folks that import non-US vehicles for a living would already be doing it.

EDIT - The 100 series that's listed would have to be identical to the model already sold here.

Last edited:
Not going to happen. No way, absolutely , totally and completely impossible and not legal.. 25 years is hard and fast rule.

The eligible non-comforming laws generally is from Canada to here with Canadian Spec models.
A RHD model is not part of those.

@Egreenberg87 The Cygnus is not eligible for import because RHD is not included in the exemption. The person/party that petitioned for the 99-06 IFS LHD LC100 petitioned for those models only. For somebody who wants to bring in a 2007 or 1998 or RHD of any of those years, they would also need to petition for it. I don't know what it involved in that process. But I'd have to agree with all others, there is no reason to buy a Cygnus when the LX is easily available. The Cygnus has an available CoolBox and maybe non-navi but not anything else I can think of...

thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm looking to get a cygnus because it's unique and I'm having trouble finding a low milage LX470 that fits the bill.

thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm looking to get a cygnus because it's unique and I'm having trouble finding a low milage LX470 that fits the bill.

I hear you, just get the emblem and replace them and you have a Lexus Cygnus =) Be patient, the right one will come along.

Finding a low mileage LX here is a billion times easier than trying to import a Cygnus. Something to think about.

Lol, you sure you want a Cygnus? Getting a Diesel 80 or a 60 RHD landed and legal on US soil is infintely cooler and easier.

I have to agree with the previous posters. Importing a Cygnus isn't worth the effort. If you want to convert an LX, the hardest part of that endeavor is finding a JDM Lexus grill with a Toyota badge:

nengun-329576-00-toyota-genuine_land_cruiser_cygnus_grill-bf9a6577db.jpg

***** I’ve gone over it with my fiancée who’s a import trade complaince attorney and it seems legal.*****
Seem you'd have better chance than most, with her help. Go for it!

Diesel would be the honey pot!
:bang:

I have to agree with the previous posters. Importing a Cygnus isn't worth the effort. If you want to convert an LX, the hardest part of that endeavor is finding a JDM Lexus grill with a Toyota badge:

nengun-329576-00-toyota-genuine_land_cruiser_cygnus_grill-bf9a6577db.jpg
anyone know these are available? I have the number but cant find any sellers online.

@bamabrock check out this post and scroll to the bottom. They have some links

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom